• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to over volt a Titan, a 780Ti or a 780 guide

Associate
I've just ran GPU-z and ran a quick pci-express render test.

Voltage is hitting 1.125, even when I add a further 25mV to the voltage it still reads as 1.125mV, any ideas on this?

You have been a great help today, I honestly cannot thank you enough!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're familiar with Aterburner the fire it up, your adjustment sliders should allow for a more voltage / power, if you want to go up to 1.3v then follow Gregsters instructions on the first post of this thread. The Skynet BIOS doesn't increase your settings for you it gives you the ability to increase them further than the stock BIOS through Afterburner / PrecisionX.

Associate
I made an edit to my post just as you posted :)

I've just ran GPU-z and ran a quick pci-express render test.

Voltage is hitting 1.125, even when I add a further 25mV to the voltage it still reads as 1.125mV, any ideas on this?

You have been a great help today, I honestly cannot thank you enough!

So the whole reason for flashing to skyn3ts BIOS is so I can add voltage increase, I only really want to go up to about 1200mV-1225mV.

I can't seem to get the card to increase volts, even when adding volts in afterburner, evga precision x etc...

*EDIT*

Just fired up Unigine Heaven and still only get 1.125mV :(

Last edited:
Soldato
A couple of ideas;
#1 Afterburner is notoriously bad for reporting voltages.
#2 Regardless of the voltage chosen your card will only draw the amount it needs for the given clock speed. You can set 1225mV but if your clock speed is 1100 your card doesn't need anywhere near this so won't be drawing it.

You're probably going to want to look more closer at your BIOS, specifically the voltage and boost tables. Open it up in the Kepler Tweaker I linked and see if it makes any sense.

Edit: Can you upload your SKYNET BIOS file for me to look at.

Edit: My card is set to ramp up to 1241 when I start running 3D apps, it has 1225mV available but according to AB draws only 1150mV. I don't think you have anything wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's something weird with that BIOS although it looks like a SkyNet one it seems to cap out at 1084, where did you get it from?

/Edit: Just downloaded the same one from the other overclocking site, doesn't look right to me. What card have you actually got?

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you upload your original BIOS to the file sharing site.
With the Skynet BIOSs you can pretty much flash your card with any of them until you find what works best for you.

This is the boost table of your SkyNet BIOS, you can see it only allows a boost to 1084 it should be much more than this.

bt.jpg

This is the voltage table, it shouldn't look like this, the lines should all be numbered CLK25 - CLK31 in order, the line with all the CLK numbers on the left is just plain wrong

vt.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Here is the BIOS that was on the card when I purchased it...

http://www.filedropper.com/780tibiosdhsgk110

On this BIOS afterburner would report a voltage of 1.175, core clock of 1202Mhz under load. But when trying to get above 1.175mV I had the same issue with any software reporting the mV boost, it only ever said 1177mV even when adding increments of 25mV, 50mV for example.

I have to go to bed now as I have an early start, I honestly do really appreciate all the time you have took helping me today, I will be able to log back in tomorrow about 1pm and hopefully pick this up with you then!

All I want to do is overclock my card and to be able to see what mV I am hitting to see whats stable :D

If you want to recommend a specific BIOS I am all ears :)

Soldato
Yeah should have gone to bed a long time ago myself.

Try flashing with this BIOS

I took your OEM BIOS and modded it in line with the SkyNet defaults so you have maximum power coming through the rails and maximum adjustments. I changed your base clock to 1150 which I'm hoping will be OK, power allowed for this between 987.5mV and 1137.5mv, any problems let me know. I haven't changed the voltage or boost tables from your OEM BIOS so you shouldn't have any problems but if you do it will just need a bit of tweaking which I can sort out for you, likewise if you want your boost speed upping I can talk you through this.

Last edited:
Associate
You have been an absolute star, if I could buy you a pint or something I woukd, cannot thank you enough.

The card I think had...
1.175mV
1085MHz (1150MHz boost) but actually hit 1202MHz
3600MHz memory

I will give your BIOS a shot tomorrow afternoon, would love to get an extra 100MHz core and maybe 200-300MHz on the memory without having to go over 1.200mV-1.225mV if that's possible :)

Soldato
See how you get on tomorrow, setting the memory in BIOS is no issue if you want it hard coded and know what you want it set to. Now the rails have been unrestricted and your power & boost tables sorted you should be able to get to higher clocks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can only suggest that you download the 780 BIOSs from Gregsters initial post on this thread. They have all pretty much been modified with the same settings and you don't necessarily have to stick to BIOSs from Inno3d but it may take some trial and error before you find one that works for you. Alternatively download v1.27 of the tweaker and compare your existing BIOS with a few of the modified ones and edit a copy of your own, that's pretty much what I ended up doing.

Associate
Hey PieEater!

Got your BIOS flashed, all went fine.

Not had a chance to look at overclocking too much, I just quickly tried +50mV and an extra 38Mhz on the core and it seemed to take it fine (Artifacts before).

I still can't seem to see the voltage adjust meant which is really annoying, it's still reporting as 1.175MHz instead of the +25MHz which should show as 1.200MHz.

Is this just something I have to put up with? The mV not showing properly?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not convinced there is an issue. If your card doesn't need 100% power at a certain speed then its reasonable for it just to draw the power it does need. I suspect that as you increase the clock speeds you will see an increase in power draw and if you get to the point that you reach speeds where extra power is needed then this is when your adjustment will come into play. For the time being just concentrate on finding your max stable clocks using the new BIOS bare in mind that I raised the base clock so your +38 should result in higher speeds than before. Also you should be adjusting the GPU clock in 13MHz increments.

Below is a section of your voltage table and your boost table. The CLK number on the voltage table relates to the entry number in the boost table so CLK38 equates to 1215MHz and at this speed your GPU can draw a minimum of 1025mV and a maximum of 1225mV and it will likely be drawing something inbetween. CLK42 equates to 1267.5 MHz and the minimum and maximum power draw is 1225mV if you got to this speed you should see 1225 in AB and if your GPU needed more than the maximum then your slider would likely come into play so you might see up to 1250mV (1225 max + 25 extra).

pierom.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers,

OK I have made it +39 (3x13) and it seems stable with 1241MHz and temps of 61c. I see the base clock was raised to 1150MHz, it still only boosts to 1202MHz though. It had a base of 1085MHz I think but always boosted to 1202Mhz.

About to do the memory now, what should I do that in? 25's, 50's etc?

As I have +50 on voltage enabled which would be 1225mV if needed what is too much voltage for this card? Or is it a case of too much heat so keep the cards below 80c for example. In theory you could have 1275mV as long as temps are below 80c?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want I can adjust the BIOS so the default boost is 1241.

Mem I used jumps of 50 until I got blue squares then went back by 25.

I would leave voltage alone and only increase it if AB was showing 1225 in use. 80c is fine 90c is still OK as a maximum but as always the lower the better.

Associate
Hey mate,

Unless I get anything beneficial from it don't worry about it, I can add the extra core via MSI afterburner.

I currently have...
1.175mV (I have +50 *1.225mV* on and aim to test without that soon)
1228MHz core (+26MHz)
3800MHz *7600* memory (+200MHz)
Temps hit no more than 62c

As an overclock goes for a 780TI what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom