** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Permabanned
Just found out these models have the 1gb ram soldered onto the motherboard. There is no free dim slot :(

Think I will wait for windows 7 to be released as there is supposed to be a refresh with more ram then

If that is the case, why does it state that it can take 3gig ram?

Edit: I was wrong! Sorry.

Last edited:
Soldato
Numerous places state up to 3gb ram supported (up from the usual 2gb in non Ion based netbooks). 1GB soldered + an empty DIMM would make far more sense.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yea, just read a review and that was quoted as a problem. So, the HP is out if it only supports 1gig ram. What other reasonably priced 11.6" netbook is worth considering?

Are the Atom Z520 1.33GHz netbooks worth considering? Or, what about:

Lenovo S12 Netbook

Associate
No the Z520 is really slow! plus the low powered chipset is naff due to poor driver support from intel

I am still searching for the holy grail. Once windows 7 is released there will be a 3gb mini 311 released so I am waiting for that.

There is a lot of upset american customers as they have been told by HP CS that their mini 311's have 1gb despite it saying 3 on the website. No one has one yet though so we cant say either way

Associate
no, they have been told 1gb soldered and no free dimm. But until someone gets one we wont know for sure.
They havent even put the manual on the website yet so I cant check that

Permabanned
OcUK member of staff has said they will try to get some information for me on monday. Superb service, thanks for that.

I have also emailed HP asking for info on the ram.

Seriously can't see HP not having the potential to increase ram in what is a new, cutting edge netbook!! Surely they would produce the 311c with the capability of being upgradeable ram wise?

Back
Top Bottom