** HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA Intel Atom N270 ION 11.6" Netbook @ £314.99 inc VAT **

Permabanned
Sent an email to HP asking about the Memory capacity of the 311c.

Had an email back stating that the max memory for it was indeed 1gig!! What a shame as it looks like a nice netbook. Can't understand why they would limit it to 1gig?

Ah well, looks like i will be looking at the Samsung N510 instead then!

Permabanned
Must be.

HP emailed me back saying it has only one slot and that is taken up by a 1gig module. They said, max of 1 gig too so it must be soldered on the mainboard! I am gutted as i was looking forward to buying one.

Also saw on the net one guy had rung up HP about the 311c and they said the UK would not be getting the 3gig version!!

Why did you sell your N510 Bradmax57?

Last edited:
Soldato
Why did you sell your N510 Bradmax57?

I just wasnt that excited about it tbh and at 11.6" its getting close to 12-13 notebooks that offer far more performance and internal optical etc for not much more money, infact ive just bought a xps 13 for £100 more than the n510 that has 4gb ram, 250gb 7200rpm, p8600 and nvidia 9500 and vista hp with win7 upgrade, i still think the nc10 is the best netbook out there for what it is

Permabanned
I just wasnt that excited about it tbh and at 11.6" its getting close to 12-13 notebooks that offer far more performance and internal optical etc for not much more money, infact ive just bought a xps 13 for £100 more than the n510 that has 4gb ram, 250gb 7200rpm, p8600 and nvidia 9500 and vista hp with win7 upgrade, i still think the nc10 is the best netbook out there for what it is

How much did you pay for the XPS 13?

What do you think of the Lenovo Ideapad s12?

Soldato
How much did you pay for the XPS 13?

What do you think of the Lenovo Ideapad s12?

was an outlet one for £500 which i thought was a good deal? I like the look of the lenovo one to but back on subject ;)

I think the HP looks great for the money and as a netbook it will be fine on 1gb i would have thought, i ram my nc10 with 512mb and win 7 for a bit and other than a little wait to boot up it was perfectly usable

Associate
Bradmax, is that 500 plus vat? I have been watching the outlet for the last few weeks and havent seen any below 600 inc. VAT

And I am coming to the same conclusion as you, I am looking at the sxps 13, my only worry is the heat. The thing I like about my atom is I can just sit it on the bed and watch movies without worrying about it overheating

Soldato
Bradmax, is that 500 plus vat? I have been watching the outlet for the last few weeks and havent seen any below 600 inc. VAT

And I am coming to the same conclusion as you, I am looking at the sxps 13, my only worry is the heat. The thing I like about my atom is I can just sit it on the bed and watch movies without worrying about it overheating

no it was 438 + vat think i got lucky, however others seem to have bigger hdd and bluetooth which mine didnt have but ive bought the dell card for less a tenner and 250gb should be enough for now ;) cheapest one i saw was about 420+vat but that was the 9400 gpu ive seen m1330's go for more on the outlet??? (which if your concerned about heat etc probably would be better) also the n512 wasnt silent by any means, no idea what the dell will be like tho

Associate
no it was 438 + vat think i got lucky, however others seem to have bigger hdd and bluetooth which mine didnt have but ive bought the dell card for less a tenner and 250gb should be enough for now ;) cheapest one i saw was about 420+vat but that was the 9400 gpu ive seen m1330's go for more on the outlet??? (which if your concerned about heat etc probably would be better) also the n512 wasnt silent by any means, no idea what the dell will be like tho

thanks mate, will keep looking then :) i do want the dedicated as well as you can switch it off when not using it. Hope you enjoy the xps 13 better than the n510. Can you give us your impressions when it arrives?

Permabanned
XPS 13 looks superb but way out of my price range. Looking at the Lenovo Ideapad S12 now!

Edit:

This looks like a possible winner though:

Asus Eee PC 1201N

Not sure when it is out. Hopefully this month!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Had this from HP just now about the 311c:

In response to your query I want to inform you that RAM are inbuilt in the notebook’s motherboard, which is non-upgradeable

Says it all!

Soldato
XPS 13 looks superb but way out of my price range. Looking at the Lenovo Ideapad S12 now!

Edit:

This looks like a possible winner though:

Asus Eee PC 1201N

Not sure when it is out. Hopefully this month!!

The S12 currently available isn't an ION based model as far as I can see, they're all the older intel chipsets.

Had this from HP just now about the 311c:

In response to your query I want to inform you that RAM are inbuilt in the notebook’s motherboard, which is non-upgradeable

Says it all!

Whereas this picture of the Compaq version says otherwise :p

2d1tkdt.jpg

I really wish someone would say for certain one way or the other, going to put a preorder in anyway and see what happens.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got told, via email, from HP that the USA will be having the 3gig version where we will have the 1gig version!! The 2 have slightly different model numbers. Asked OcUK to find out info but no joy there. They said HP not got back to them so got some info myself.

American model number: 311-1011TU

UK Model Number: 311c-1010SA

Last edited:
Permabanned
I know the S12 is a non ion netbook but is it the same as the HP 311c except that the 311c is an ION one (S12 Bigger screen obviously)? All the same spec other than the graphics?

Back
Top Bottom