HP Microserver+XPEnology

Soldato
OP
Has anyone with a HP NC360T dual gigabit ethernet card managed to get WOL to work?

Have you got your real Nic mac address showing when you use sinology assistant?
if so then shut down from the web page as normal then send it a packet to wake it up.
I've got No-IP address setup which makes things easier all round.

Associate
I installed 4.2 v1.2 last night... Loaded it onto the USB, pop it into the board and it works out of the box with N36L, WD drives and SanDisk SSD.

Picked up all 5 of my disks no problems. Not had a chance to play with it properly yet.

Looking for the 4.3 as I may have to install another SSD to use it for caching.

Soldato
OP
I installed 4.2 v1.2 last night... Loaded it onto the USB, pop it into the board and it works out of the box with N36L, WD drives and SanDisk SSD.

Picked up all 5 of my disks no problems. Not had a chance to play with it properly yet.

Looking for the 4.3 as I may have to install another SSD to use it for caching.

Is that the 4.2 repack by trantor?
as for 4.3 someone may do it but sinology has put protection in now.

Associate
Is that the 4.2 repack by trantor?
as for 4.3 someone may do it but sinology has put protection in now.

Correct yes.

They are working on 4.3 on the xpenology forums, they are making progress currently trying to locate whats causing the extra protection but it wont be long!

Associate
It seems my disks are not spinning down even when no activity.

Although I am running Sab, Sick, CouchPotato... Would these cause the disks to be constantly spinning?

Associate
Take out or unmount the USB stick but don't forget to put it back when you reboot.

Already done both, unmounted and then removed USB.

Any other known issues? I've tried searching but no luck.

I've ordered some silent fans so that might help a little.

Soldato
OP
Bad news if you(like me) installed the media server update as of now there is no transcoding as synology have lost the licence.

I'm reinstalling it all over again and won't be updating the media server or 4.3 any time soon.
If I could find the old media server package it would save me hours if not days.

Associate
Bad news if you(like me) installed the media server update as of now there is no transcoding as synology have lost the licence.

I'm reinstalling it all over again and won't be updating the media server or 4.3 any time soon.
If I could find the old media server package it would save me hours if not days.

Ouch! Did you not still have the 4.2 modules? from Google Drive?

I've decided no matter the setup I can think of the drives will never spin down with DSM.

Soldato
OP
Ouch! Did you not still have the 4.2 modules? from Google Drive?

I've decided no matter the setup I can think of the drives will never spin down with DSM.

Forgot about the 4.2 modules :o has it got the Media serve package prior 1.1-2406?(just looking)
as synology are only letting get the new version :(

Edit=No media serve package in the 4.2 modules. Well that's me borked till I find the old package :(

Found it http://download.synology.com/ftp/spk/MediaServer/1.1-2403/
Now going to try it.

That worked a treat :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys

I have 2 drives. One is a 2TB and the other a 1TB.. Is there anyway I can add another drive and merge it with either of my existing drives without losing any data?

Thanks

Associate
I have set up my N54l with DSM 4.2. It works well, drives are spinning down once the USB stick is removed. Really happy with it. Next task is to get some bigger HDDs.

Back
Top Bottom