**HP OMEN 32 WQHD Gaming Monitor With AMD FreeSync Technology** A light in the quality control dark

Associate
Ok, got my monitor this saturday! :)

First of all, sorry, i'm not from UK, i'm from Portugal but from what i know they're starting to show all over Europe.

Man this thing is big.
I have a Dell 2414Q 4k monitor next to this one ( so IPS ) ...
There are several small details i notice coming from a IPS panel to a VA ( or WVA+ like they call it ) but overall this is a great screen for the price!

I don't have an AMD card so i can't really tell about Freesync yet, but i'm runing this at 2560x1440 75Hz and really looks great.

I'm not really into really high hz for gaming ( usually it means lots of money in GPUs :p ) and i can't say it's night and day going from 60 to 75Hz, but we can notice the extra smoothness.

Color reproduction is great, although i'm still calibrating the little beast. It does 100% of the sRGB space.

I've played Titanfall II and BF1 and i can say that it makes games have another feeling. Yes, i came from a 2515H to this one ( the 2515 is still here but i just didn't get used to the 1440p in a 25" ) and its a big change, but games look really great in this monitor.

But i'll give you some more detailed info during this upcoming week :)

Soldato
Indeed, very interested in the prospect of a new panel in this format :)

Be extra nice if OCUK could get some stock of 'em, still not available in the UK as far as I can tell...

Soldato
OP
A load of them come up on the auction site we can name. The seller offered them with next day delivery, so I assume it was UK or at least EU stock. They sold out pretty fast and I missed out.

Associate
A load of them come up on the auction site we can name. The seller offered them with next day delivery, so I assume it was UK or at least EU stock. They sold out pretty fast and I missed out.

Interesting , maybe they are about to become widely available in Europe.

Be nice if OCUK could consider stocking them.

My googlefi cant be much cop as I cant find any UK or a particular auction site. Can you remember how much they cost ?

Associate
Interesting , maybe they are about to become widely available in Europe.

Be nice if OCUK could consider stocking them.

My googlefi cant be much cop as I cant find any UK or a particular auction site. Can you remember how much they cost ?

I can find one for £355 if that helps, which seems way too low to be legit

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They're a bit thin on the ground but these monitors are out in the UK. I'm looking at one outside the UK for a really good price, but just got an email saying they might not be able to post to my address. I'm trying to see if I can arrange a collection myself.

I've also seen a Korean version (Crossover 32Q75 QHD DP AVATAR Real 75Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor WQHD 2,560x1,440) that looks interesting.

Soldato
What's the deal with Korean monitors anyhoo? Are they known to use budget parts and hasty assembly, or are they just not marketed in the UK?

(Interesting stand on that Crossover, but I think I prefer something adjustable...)

Associate
Wondering the same, there as low as £301 + postage from Korea, but i want 3 which comes to £1020 ( plus whatever customs extort ) , so its more than a bit of a punt....

Soldato
OP
What's the deal with Korean monitors anyhoo? Are they known to use budget parts and hasty assembly, or are they just not marketed in the UK?

(Interesting stand on that Crossover, but I think I prefer something adjustable...)

They are supposedly top notch for the money. The down side is they come direct from the manufacturer.

Soldato
They are supposedly top notch for the money. The down side is they come direct from the manufacturer.

Ah, so a 3 week wait on shipping, and if you're unlucky enough to get a dud, returns will be a massive hassle?

Being the sort of chap who always gets the dud, I'll stick with something I can swap within a few days :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah, so a 3 week wait on shipping, and if you're unlucky enough to get a dud, returns will be a massive hassle?

Being the sort of chap who always gets the dud, I'll stick with something I can swap within a few days :D

Shipping is only a couple of days from Korea and most screen seem to come pre tested probably to reduce DOA screens. The problems would probably come if you needed to return the screen. You probably couldn't DSR if you got a dead pixel and you'd have to follow the sellers returns procedure.

Soldato
OP
Very happy with both of them so far. Zero light bleed zreo faulty pixels and very uniform image. Looks like HP have got the quality control down no glowing to be seen anywhere.

Soldato
Just noticed that these have hit the UK properly :) Very encouraging price too! Tempted to jump on one right away...

Only down side; don't have an AMD graphics card, so I guess I'm stuck at 60hz if I get one. If I were to switch, do we know what the low end of the Freesync range is?

Back
Top Bottom