HTC HD - you got one? what you think??

Transmission breaker
Don
I am waiting for the pro version with the sliding qwerty keypad :)

Due for upgrade in Early Feb! Cant wait.

I will be staying with Orange, as i always get the phone free (whatever I choose), customer service is good, the phone insurance is fantastic at replacing the phones i kill, and they bend over backwards to offer me the tariff I want.

I really dont get the Orange bashing. Been with them since 1998ish. Worst problem I had was when i ordered an M5000 and it came with only one battery. Seems i had looked at the business link which stated an extra battery. I spoke to customer services, escalated it with Executive office, and got a battery on my desk the next day. They were well within their rights to tell me to **** off :)

Last edited:

Xez

Xez

Associate
Malt, how much are you paying per month? I have my early upgrade in February and im also on Orange paying £35 a month here. Just want a rough idea as to if i can get this or a similar phone for free :p HD or X1 Hmm...

Transmission breaker
Don
Panther 45 internet
I think i pay about 45 quid a month looking at my bills.

£30.64 for Panther (with my loyalty bonus)
+VAT
+£5.00 (orange care)

1200 anytime cross network minutes.
500 texts
Unlimited browsing

Soldato
Malt, how much are you paying per month? I have my early upgrade in February and im also on Orange paying £35 a month here. Just want a rough idea as to if i can get this or a similar phone for free :p HD or X1 Hmm...

I'd say £200-£300, or if you spend more than the £35/month regulary then might be lucky enough to get it a bit cheaper.

I tried getting the omnia free(I also had £35/month, Racoon 35), they wouldn't go below £110 even tho people on here said they got it for free on £30/month(look at the omnia thread on here).

Soldato
OP
So, to all you guys who have now had *** HTC HD phone for a day or more, whats your thoughts on it, worth getting.

Im on PAYG orange witha SPVC600 that ive had for 4 years, so looking forward to this phone. the orange shops in leeds are quiet slow at trying to sell these, none on display, all still int he box, none with updates added to them and the 250mg a month seems a little low and they wont expand that to anything else...

still, i like the phone :)

Soldato
OP
I hope they can be changed as to be fair, ive never used a phone for browsing ect so no idea how much data i would need, but 200mg/month does not seem to be a lot. The fact they say we will charge you for going over too is a bit of a 'con' when it is umlimited!

Still, will wait to see what you guys make of the phone, should have one soon - 2-3 weeks for me, althought Vodafone in Leeds say they have no plans to stock the phone after the new year yet :(

Soldato
I hope they can be changed as to be fair, ive never used a phone for browsing ect so no idea how much data i would need, but 200mg/month does not seem to be a lot. The fact they say we will charge you for going over too is a bit of a 'con' when it is umlimited!

Still, will wait to see what you guys make of the phone, should have one soon - 2-3 weeks for me, althought Vodafone in Leeds say they have no plans to stock the phone after the new year yet :(

If you're talking about O2, there is no 200mb limit when you have the unlimited web bolt on, only a "fair usage policy". In reality though, you will never have any troubles with this :)

Caporegime
Hopefully I'll be able to let you know in a few hours.

On another positive note. People are having success changing the unlimited text bolt on to unlimited web :)

Sounds good, where are they posting this?

I may just have to order one from mobiles in the next couple of days if they have any left. Is there any way you can attach a new tarriff like this to an old account? Or is there no real need, just thinking about better upgrades in 18 months.:)

And you can change the tarriff after a certain number of months too can't you? Although I guess that may compromise cashback deal?

Soldato
Sounds good, where are they posting this?

I may just have to order one from mobiles in the next couple of days if they have any left. Is there any way you can attach a new tarriff like this to an old account? Or is there no real need, just thinking about better upgrades in 18 months.:)

And you can change the tarriff after a certain number of months too can't you? Although I guess that may compromise cashback deal?

There is a massive "Buying from Mobiles.co.uk" thread over on the Touch HD forums at XDA Developers - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=443462&page=133

Loads of information in there, some of it conflicting to be honest as a lot seems to be done to who you speak to at O2 :p

Caporegime
Thanks ScarySquirrel. :)

Anyone know if I can transfer my O2 number (contract from BMP a couple of years ago then upgraded through O2) straight to the mobiles contract easily or will I need to put it through a PAYG first?

Soldato
Thanks ScarySquirrel. :)

Anyone know if I can transfer my O2 number (contract from BMP a couple of years ago then upgraded through O2) straight to the mobiles contract easily or will I need to put it through a PAYG first?

well people over on xda(also inc scarysquirrel) have had no problem switching old o2 number to the new contract. just phone up o2 and they'll do it for you(I assume as long as you've completed the minimum term on your current contract).

Back
Top Bottom