HTC HD - you got one? what you think??

smr

smr

Soldato
I thin im going to be the same as Trifid here, i dont use many texts, <100 month and about 200-300mins a month is pleanty for me as i use works phone a lot anyway.

What im worried about is the amount of browsing i do, which i love doing and not always near a WIFI spot. So to me the 250mb a month, although is pleanty for emails, for browsing and forum posting, wont last me that long... and Orange dont seem to have a better plan for me either, which is the primary reason i have not got one of these phones yet and waiting for other networks to pick it up.

Still, if i knew someone had one and i could have a play with it, might change my mind lol.

mobilephonesdirect are doing 35 per month deals (phone free) with either lots of texts and few calls or the other way around, and including unlimited data.

Soldato
Ben from Mobiles.co.uk has posted on XDA Developers saying that he is "quietly confident" they will get O2 approval on Friday and will be able to start shipping.

I have taken that with a pinch of salt though, and I don't even like salt.

Soldato
Ben from Mobiles.co.uk has posted on XDA Developers saying that he is "quietly confident" they will get O2 approval on Friday and will be able to start shipping.

I have taken that with a pinch of salt though, and I don't even like salt.

He's also been saying "It should hopefully possibly be available at the end of the week" since the start of November!

I can forsee them having a big song and dance saying that the phone is now available on O2, and then failing everyone on a credit check!

Soldato
I know, this is what he said though:

Hopefully you all know my position on making promises I can't control the outcome of, and I know you've been given various dates before that haven't turned out to be accurate - but for those of you still hanging on for an O2 Touch HD I'm quietly confident that we'll have them in the post on Friday.

Stay tuned.

Then:

Providing stock is delivered as per HTC's promises and testing goes to plan, Friday is when the planets align and orders can be despatched. And don't worry, all orders are dealt with on a first-in-first-out basis so you guys are top of the queue - ahead of Orange, ahead of more recent orders.

Ben

Associate
I'm still stuck on 3 with 6 months to go on a LG viewty which I HATE! I can get the Touch HD for £425 through work sim free, is it worth it? Seems a lot to pay for a phone!

I had a WM5 device before and I thought it was awful as it crashed about 10 times a minute...I'm hoping thats improved?

Associate
No definite answer, but I'd think you can't. It isn't defined as an acutal bolt-on, so they probably won't let you change it. Of course, the phones probably won't every be available on mobiles.co.uk anyway, so it's moot ;)

I have the HD on O2.
On O2's system the unlimited texts is a bolt on. Ive got my first bill which shows 600 mins, 500 texts and free bolt on of unlimited texts. I spoke to a very nice lady in CS and now have unlimited data.

Soldato
I have the HD on O2.
On O2's system the unlimited texts is a bolt on. Ive got my first bill which shows 600 mins, 500 texts and free bolt on of unlimited texts. I spoke to a very nice lady in CS and now have unlimited data.

That's good to know, cheers :)

Now, I don't know much about data plans, but unlimited doesn't mean unlimited does it? Isn't it limited to like 200mb a month? Is that a lot if you were to browse the net everyday for say, 15 minutes?

Associate
I think O2 are the only ones that offer anything like "unlimited" use. Vodafone are 500mb with their fair usage policy and from what I understand O2 surpass that. The iphone tariffs have "unlimited" use so dont see why there other packages should be any different.

Soldato
O2 said:
The O2 Web Bolt On can only be used for internet browsing on your phone. A excessive usage policy applies and if your usage substantially exceeds that of other users, which is normally expected to be below 200MB/month, you will be charged standard rates for additional browsing. We will send you a warning text message advising you to limit your usage before this occurs and a text message to confirm when you are being charged

Soldato
Originally Posted by O2
The O2 Web Bolt On can only be used for internet browsing on your phone. A excessive usage policy applies and if your usage substantially exceeds that of other users, which is normally expected to be below 200MB/month, you will be charged standard rates for additional browsing. We will send you a warning text message advising you to limit your usage before this occurs and a text message to confirm when you are being charged

So what part of that is unlimited? They couldn't even use the excuse of 'we don't charge more'...

Doesn't T mobile have a 1GB unofficial limit on the G1?

Soldato
So what part of that is unlimited? They couldn't even use the excuse of 'we don't charge more'...

Doesn't T mobile have a 1GB unofficial limit on the G1?

I know, it's a joke. I think they get away with calling it umlimited by covering it up with a 'fair usage policy'. I think it is stupid though. Considering we live in a world where you have to have "WARNING: MIGHT BE HOT" on a cup of coffee, it amazes me that they can hide a 200mb limit and advertise it as UNLIMITED.

Soldato
It depends on your tariff. Some tariffs have a 1GB fair use.

from what I understand from looking at the main sites, G1 comes with web'n'walk plus which is 3gb limit. only place I know that does it with 1gb is beepy.co.uk

reading on the o2 forum and speaking to someone in the o2 store, they don't have a limit as such(the 200mb is for payg). scarysquirrel where did you find that quote? looking in the t&c it doesn't mention a limit for the pay monthly plans.

Soldato
To give you guys an idea about internet usage I have a HD on Tmobile (got a 1GB fair usage policy with this deal) and I recieved my HD on the 20/11/08. Now I browse the interent around 15min+ everyday and apart from downloading a few applications for my Touch HD I have used around 60-70mb since getting the phone. I have used GPRS monitor to find this out.

Soldato
from what I understand from looking at the main sites, G1 comes with web'n'walk plus which is 3gb limit. only place I know that does it with 1gb is beepy.co.uk

reading on the o2 forum and speaking to someone in the o2 store, they don't have a limit as such(the 200mb is for payg). scarysquirrel where did you find that quote? looking in the t&c it doesn't mention a limit for the pay monthly plans.

Turns out I got it from the PAYG section. As you say, there is no data limit on the O2 web bolt on, just a "fair usage" policy :)

Result!

Back
Top Bottom