***HTC Magic Thread***

I don't expect it to be tomorrow, I'd hope to have it in January which allows about three months.

It's not soon at all really, 2.0 is "Éclair" and Google said that 3 Android platform updates are coming by the end of the year.

Flan being the next one (Android 2.1?).

I installed scummvm and beneath a steel sky last night. Works brilliantly on the magic (once you get used to slightly awkward right click replacement) - anyone with a softspot for adventure games should get scummvm from the market place. I can see the Monkey Island games, day of the tentacle, sam and max etc. all making an appearance on my magic soon.

Also bought speed forge which is good for a phone game and certainly makes good use of the hardware.

Link? :cool:

Btw mrk did you spray paint the cables for your Magic? :)

Sorry no, the cables are white anyway!

Also the link is posted ages ago, should be in this thread somewhere :p

BTW

---- v4.2.3.1
* Fixed USB weirdness on Windows (thanks Zinx for the quick fix)
* Tethering option will now stay checked when enabled in settings
* Reverted BT OBEX support for Gallery, will re-add it for the next release

---- v4.2.3
* USB Tethering support! (enable under Wireless Settings)
* Bluetooth OBEX! (new sharing options in Music, Contacts, and Gallery, plus BT FTP app note- Android can't act as a BT FTP server yet)
* Launcher auto-orientation can be disabled via Spare Parts
* Shined up launcher handles from Prash
* Phone mod v11.1 from Cytown

usbtether.jpg

!!!

Last edited:
Its for my partner, so in otherwords custom roms and such will be way over her head, guessing the Hero is the safer option?

If it's for your partner, and if it was me buying it for my partner, I'd get her the HTC Tattoo. Cheaper than the hero and better looking, imo, as it doesn't have that Jimmy Hill chin and also runs the senseUI thingamabob.

Ooo ill need to do this later tonight, too busy watching House the now :D

The tethering thing is interesting, ill not need it much, but it could come in useful!

Wonder if the Jimmy Hill thing is quite common, i used that months ago to describe to my gf why i wanted a magic over the hero!

Hey mrk, how long did your phone take to reboot with the new updates applied? Mine has been going for ~15 minutes rebooting and starting to get a little worried :S

//edit : - Gave up with the new update, not sure why but it would not boot after applying the files linked here :http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=568032

Should I be using a different set of files as I am not used to doing these updates yet either :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom