***HTC Magic Thread***

Facebook for Android is a great app as is Bloo. I use those 2 in combination depending on what I want to do.

iphone.facebook.com is a mobile facebook site to have bookmarked as well because it's very fast and allows many FB options.

The Facebook app is TERRIBLE. Its missing half the features, and the touch. site seems very buggy to me

Don't have a single issue myself, use them both regularly and manage to do 99% of the stuff I use Facebook for (uploading pics, messaging people, posting links/status updates and viewing other people's pics/profiles.

Unless by features you mean quizzes and poker and all that extra BS :p

Don't have a single issue myself, use them both regularly and manage to do 99% of the stuff I use Facebook for (uploading pics, messaging people, posting links/status updates and viewing other people's pics/profiles.

Unless by features you mean quizzes and poker and all that extra BS :p

I just get frustrated that there's no one single polished Facebook app, like there is on the iphone

Using Amon Ra 1.2.3 Recovery for the first time flashing 4.2.5. Very nice mod of Cyanogen 1.4 Recovery.

He's put things in menu's so the screen isn't too cluttered. There's option for partitioning your sdcard so you don't have to use adb on the Magic. Of course the best bit, for me, is being able to select what nandroid restore you would like to use and not just have the last on you did available to you without some adb jiggery pokery.

Marclister, I'd recommend Amon Ra's over the standard Cyanogen 1.4 but since it's so simple to upgrade I think you're best off doing your root using the 1.4 version, as that's what all the guides use, and then upgrading after.

Marclister, I'd recommend Amon Ra's over the standard Cyanogen 1.4 but since it's so simple to upgrade I think you're best off doing your root using the 1.4 version, as that's what all the guides use, and then upgrading after.
How would I do that? Just wait until the next cyanogen mod release and then use Amon Ra?

How would I do that? Just wait until the next cyanogen mod release and then use Amon Ra?

I won't go into details yet as you are still a n00b (no offence :p) in these matters so when you do root just follow that guide and then I'll explain how to update to Amon Ra.

Oh and the new CyanogenMod 4.2.5 is sexy. So sexy in fact... no lets not go there tbh.

Hey hey, share the sexyness
cursin.gif

"12. Download the new recovery image from FlashRec
13. Flash the new recovery image."

What do I do here? I've made a backup of the recovery image, I don't get how to download a new recovery image from FlashRec and then to flash it. :confused:

"12. Download the new recovery image from FlashRec
13. Flash the new recovery image."

What do I do here? I've made a backup of the recovery image, I don't get how to download a new recovery image from FlashRec and then to flash it. :confused:

Flashrec temporarily flashes with the new recovery image so when you reboot holding [HOME] the phone will boot into Recovery Mode using the newly flashed image.

When you reboot cold the original recovery image is restored.

Which is why once you flash the recovery image via flashrec you should make sure the cyan rom is on the sd card root then flash the recovery partition from the flashrec app and reboot holding [HOME] until the recovery menu is seen (green androids in the black BG) then just wipe and flash the Cyan rom using the "flash any zip/update from sd" selection.

Someone correct me if I missed out anything, I rotted ages ago now :p

After you do a backup in Flashrec you should get the option to download Cyanogen 1.4 recovery and once it's downloaded in Flashrec you will get the option to flash the 1.4 recovery.
Didn't get asked that.

When I tried to run Flashrec with Linda it said "open parent folder of flashrec". When I ran Flashrec with Package Installer it installed OK.

Flashrec temporarily flashes with the new recovery image so when you reboot holding [HOME] the phone will boot into Recovery Mode using the newly flashed image.

When you reboot cold the original recovery image is restored.

Which is why once you flash the recovery image via flashrec you should make sure the cyan rom is on the sd card root then flash the recovery partition from the flashrec app and reboot holding [HOME] until the recovery menu is seen (green androids in the black BG) then just wipe and flash the Cyan rom using the "flash any zip/update from sd" selection.

Someone correct me if I missed out anything, I rotted ages ago now :p
So what do I do now? All I can do in Flashrec is "Restore Backup Image". "Download Recovery Image" is greyed out.

Back
Top Bottom