***HTC Magic Thread***

Manage + More your Magic (!) via DroidExplorer is available (update for x64 out shortly) - see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=558108

Also, out with the old, in with the new (right) :D

htcmagic_docks.jpg

The rough edges will be white taped or 'cool decal'd :p

Last edited:
I have to ask my old college if I can use one of the plastic benders in the DT suite first, here's hoping, heh!

Or I could incorporate the internals inside of something else, an everyday object or something....hmmmm - I think a 'thought shower' is in order.

Btw since Tuesday or sometime I've had a notification saying "loading data, please wait". It won't go away, even if I turn the phone off. How can I get rid of it? I think I caused it by turning 3G access off and then doing something that needed Internet access. :D
Managed to fix this. Turns out that it was Weatherbug not having set my location properly. Once I removed Weatherbug the notification above went. But I put it back on minutes later and made sure it had a fix on my location and it all worked. :)

New problem time then. :D

Sometimes I can't call people on my Magic. When I try to it says I'm not registered on a network. I go to the page where you can see all the carriers and sometimes Vodafone UK doesn't appear there. Could that be a problem with reception and me being in the basement room?

My brother tried to ring me when I was at Morrisons' yesterday. I didn't answer so he asked if I didn't hear the phone ring. I checked the phone and I had no notifications that there was a missed call. I tried to call him but I got the not registered on a network error. Any ideas what is going on here?

No idea about that issue ML. The only issue I've discovered with 4.2.5, and others have posted on XDA forums, is I was txting via Handscent earlier when i got a phone call. Once I hung up on the call the phone locked up then rebooted.

Of course not as strange as the perplexing 2 nights running the phone rebooted itself at 0235 both nights. It's one of those things that I want to know why it did it but it's not happened for 3 nights so I've no clue :confused:

I suppose we have to remember that these are not really phones any more but computers and we get the problems computers toss at us every now and again.

Back
Top Bottom