***HTC Magic Thread***

One last thing, now you are flashed with Cyanogen, until further notice when he releases a new version, all you have to do is boot into recovery mode and then just flash his latest rom over the top of the current one you are running. No need to wipe or reflash the HTC zip.

or you could download cm updater from the market. it lets you know when updates are released, downloads and installs them for you.

Good news everyone.

A workmate has given me his G1 cradle, it's black so I will spray it white. I like it better than my cradle as it only needs the one USB connection to charge or data Xfer so no need to have the power plug connected like you do on mine although this isn't really an issue for most people but I'd like to have a socket free on the wall :p

I'll probably keep one for work and one for home but I'm not sure yet :p

Or....I could give the spare dock to someone here ¬_¬

Last edited:
Here's some screenies of Amon Ra's recovery which I do prefer to the basic Cyanogen 1.4, though Amon Ra's is based on the 1.4, as it means you don't have to use adb to get stuff like partitioning your sdcard done.

This first one, though for a different phone, is the previous version

amonra123.png

notice the options that on Cyanogen's are only available via adb on the Magic, as it was originally designed for the G1 with a built in physical keyboard.

This is Amon Ra 1.3.1 which incorps all this but uses a menu system for tidiness.

amonra131.png

Makes life easier for us non physical keyboard types.

Oh, and it's so simple to update it should be illegal. You can do it from a terminal app running in Android.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom