***HTC Magic Thread***

Upgrade mine a few minutes ago.

Only problem I'm having is AdFree isn't working.

When you go to download an install hosts, I'm getting a java.io.EOFException Error.

Had the problem with 4.7.1 (whatever previous version was) and fixed it by selecting Revert and then download and install hosts.

Looking through the Cyanogen thread on XDA it always amazes me how many people have issues flasging, i kow most of them will be on the G1 but a lot of magic owners have issues as well.

On here, apart from the 1.6ers, we don't seem to have much in the way of problems with Cyanogenmod's

My issue is fixed! :D

Uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to have worked.

Nice speed increase too.

Like the addition to the call log. You can press on the green handset icon next to the entry to dial as opposed to clicking on the entry and then call. Once less finger press but it helps!

My issue is fixed! :D

Uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to have worked.

Nice speed increase too.

Like the addition to the call log. You can press on the green handset icon next to the entry to dial as opposed to clicking on the entry and then call. Once less finger press but it helps!

You could do that anyway, the icon just moved from left to right side :p

Photoshop mobile is out:)

It's very good too. I like the swiping action in the slideshow. I wish the next update brings selectable folders to slideshow from instead of every photo stored on the phone - don't want /everyone/ seeing my babes wallpaper folder :p

I actually prefer Photoshop mobile having tried PicSay Pro - there's no gallery view in PicSay for starters, something I'd expect from a paid app.

Ok so i have a standard 2gb card in my rooted phone which is starting to fill up.

Whats the process (in english if possible not the jargon used on the XDA forums lol) to get my new 8gb class six working as it is now?

Seems i have a partition for the swap and another for apps it it helps or makes a difference.

Ta

Easiest way, and looking at one of your previous post's you appear to have the latest CyanogenMod 4.2.8, would be thus.......

Buy a class 6 microsd card such as

2009-10-10090301.jpg

Download the latest version of Amon ra's Recovery stick it in the root of your sdcard, load up somethign like Better Terminal Emulator and follow these instructions

Copy recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2x.img to the root of your sdcard
start the terminal app
$su (not required if you have root already)
#mount -a
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-sapphire-v1.5.2x.img
where x is put in the letter of the version you downloaded, if a Vodafone 32B Magic then it's G for Google branded phone.

This will flash you Amon Ra's improved version of the original Cyanogen 1.4 recovery most of us got when we rooted.

In this recovery you have menu items that allow for formatting your sdcard so you don't need a script like sdparted and adb (well it actually uses sdparted but you don't have to worry about doing the formatting manually.

I formatted my sdcard....

96mb swap
512mb ext4 (where cyanogenmod will put your apps)
FAT32 the rest of the card.

Simple.

Right nice one cheers. Thats exactly the card i have. :)

Will i be able to back up the apps? I take it ill have to reinstall them right?

Back
Top Bottom