***HTC Magic Thread***

Download the latest version of Amon ra's Recovery stick it in the root of your sdcard, load up somethign like Better Terminal Emulator and follow these instructions

where x is put in the letter of the version you downloaded, if a Vodafone 32B Magic then it's G for Google branded phone.

This will flash you Amon Ra's improved version of the original Cyanogen 1.4 recovery most of us got when we rooted.

In this recovery you have menu items that allow for formatting your sdcard so you don't need a script like sdparted and adb (well it actually uses sdparted but you don't have to worry about doing the formatting manually.

I formatted my sdcard....

96mb swap
512mb ext4 (where cyanogenmod will put your apps)
FAT32 the rest of the card.

Simple.
All done last night, your right its dead easy! Cheers ElliorR! :D

Is it just me or do they over complicate stuff on the XDA forums? :/

Droid Explorer is awesome. Did a back up of my apps with my backup pro before i began, then reinstalled all my aps with that using the batch install tool, so simple! :)

Sorry for three posts in a row btw, but i didn't post them all at the same time. :p

I just do a Nandroid backup every now and then, it backs up EXT partitions too so all apps are instantly backed up and browsable from Winrar etc on the SD card.

Simple!

So I'm thinking about getting the magic. Few questions though -

Does anyone have the extended batteries that you can get - 2000mah +?

If yes, is it possible to get them small enough to fit without a new back plate?

For those who have had the device a while, what are your thoughts all in all on the phone?

Thanks.

So I'm thinking about getting the magic. Few questions though -

Does anyone have the extended batteries that you can get - 2000mah +?

If yes, is it possible to get them small enough to fit without a new back plate?

For those who have had the device a while, what are your thoughts all in all on the phone?

Thanks.

Lol, those batteries are all as fat as a sumo wrestler.

htcmagic_albawall.jpg

The Magic is a good phone, come Jan though the Nexus ONE will be out and in the states it's $199 so I expect something like that over here too - maybe wait for that? It's gonna be hard to root a Magic being bought now as the stock 1.6 rom is a real bast....

I might sell my phone in Feb already pre-rooted and ready to rock if I decide to get a Bravo or Nexus.

:D

It's a widget icon called tCalendar, launches normal Google Calendar :)

ALso, I now have FXCamera, it owns:

FxCam_1260973477986.png

FxCam_1260973109682.jpg

(excuse the camera shake)

Has various other modes too which are excellent - nice slide motion too at the start.

FREE as well :)

Well everywhere I am be it my car or work or at someone's house a USB port is always close by so battery power is the last thing I worry about :p

Back
Top Bottom