***HTC Magic Thread***

I covered this in my guide. The terminal wont support numeric input on the magic.

Solution?

Easy peasy........Rename the recovery image to anything you want as long as it has no numbers :)

hero keyboard wont help and better terminal costs. my method is free :)

I renamed it, much easier and cheaper ;)

Got my SD partitioned and formatted. Certain speed increase now. Much better having the apps on the SD as well as the swap boost. Thanks to everyone for their help, I really appreciate the effort you guys have put in.

Yep renaming works but I use hero KB and its fine for me in terminal.

1zoia7a.png

:)

I covered this in my guide. The terminal wont support numeric input on the magic.

Solution?

Easy peasy........Rename the recovery image to anything you want as long as it has no numbers :)

Ah, missed that, cheers! All partitioned and running smooth! CoPilot is a lot smoother!

Any recommended widgets to use now that I have 5 home screens to play with?

Stupid question. Does this mean my phone is now rooted?

Right, getting a bit worried with this now. Phone seems slow. If I go between apps/menus I often get black screens. Just tried to see an email and I had a black screen for ages, after I unlocked the phone, then got the Activity Home (in proces android.process.acore) is not responding message. Any ideas what's going on? :(

I've had a bit of slowness loading the browser, google mail and work email. But once loaded it's fine. Back to home screen is nice and quick with it kept loaded in memory ticked.

well what I seem to be experiencing is faster performance in all apps and home app for a time and then it just black screens and crawls. So it is faster but then it seems to just run out of juice and crash :(

?

Your EXT or something must be messed up perhaps?
My EXT? Don't know if I've got one. :D

Mine is a lot faster than stock and so not sure what has happened for you guys, have you tried rebooting the phone and maybe reinstalling some apps ?
Yeah I turn it off sometimes or reboot it. I started getting rid of some apps I don't use yesterday. Not much improvement, but then they were only games and not task managing apps etc.

I have noticed things have speeded up on my phone since:

1) Rebooting this morning then it started to slow again

So I...

2) Uninstalled the Weather Channel Widget and now everything launches (to a point of usability) within a second.

Lets hope is remains snappy! :D

Back
Top Bottom