***HTC Magic Thread***

Oh I see, it looks like it's specific to that handset only else it would have been backported to other devices long ago so most probably a feature built in by HTC for the Tattoo

eh? Flash has been on the hero from launch. It's been around for a while on sense but not sure why it can't be ported.

On another note, check your cyanogen updater for 4.2.13.

This will be the first update for me. What happens when I update? I'm using a partitioned SD and a theme for 4.2.12. can I update over the top or will the world come to an end?

Thanks.

It would have been ported if it could which leads me to believe it's something that's been put into the device/rom specifically for it?

The Updater app for CM will update, just click apply and it does everything else.

yeah, 10mb ram hack.

Turns out I need to reapply it with every release. + an updated theme update. All done and sorted :)

I actually reccommend the 10mb ram hack. Afterall, the 3D games on android are just awful so who cares.

Changelist for the 4.2.13. :)

* Fix backwards compatibility code for services
* All new multitouch code using Eclair API
* New kernel with tweaks and new SDCC driver from Nexus tree
* Contacts app updated to Wysie's 2.7
* Fixed the fix_permissions script
* Various other minor bugfixes
* KNOWN BUG: Long press contact causes crash. Fixed apk here (push to /system/app)

whatever happened to scribbling a letter with your finger in the contacts menu. That was the big hype about donut but it never seems to have materialised. We have the SDK but not the functionality

Last edited:
I've noticed a bit better battery life since last update. About 15% - 20% extra on a day. Enabled Google Navigation too which is quite snazzy.

Oh and a recommendation for anyone who wants to browse SMB shares: ES File Explorer. It is an excellent file browser but also allows share browsing and FTP connections.

hey guys.

ive recently picked up a HTC Magic (Vodafone uk, unlocked) and attempted to downgrade with one click rooter.. after trawling through forums i found that im a HBOOT-1.33.0004 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32B board.

i saw Alfie's poster earlier about flashing it to CyanogenMod. can i just follow that guide now and im sorted?

im sort of knew to the Android community and ive been getting blagged all week by what im reading :/

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom