***HTC Magic Thread***

have you heard any news regarding the latest perfected SPL , have they managed it yet?
Well I think they can't perfect the SPL until they loosen Rangers and Celtics' grip on the title and perhaps expand the SPL a little more. :):p

If you haven't set one up yourself you don't have one.
Hmm I might not have one then. :D I'll do one now. What are the benefits? Smoother/faster operating phone?

Some bits will feel faster others will remain the same. Just note that first boot after swap/ext/partition can take a while. mine took 10~ minutes and that was with 512MB EXT, 96MB SWAP and the remainder as FAT32 storage. Done via RA Recovery of course!

Just finished getting this working, partitioned the new card at work but neglected to backup the apk files (i think that's what caused it at least), which left me with no 'installed' apps, but the market places still thought I had them so I couldn't redownload them, d'oh

Fixed that with a forum post online to basically delete the market database, and just used adb at home to sort out the userinit.sh for the swap and it's all good :p

So not quite as smooth as it could've been, but that's user stupidity methinks :p

Tried the Opera beta this morning, some very nice features, lacking multitouch though which I was surprised how much I missed,

Is quick though, nice and easy to navigate, just add multitouch and it'll be great :)

I would back them up to your computer if you are that concerned not to re-download them. Mostly as I can't help you on how to move them :) unless its simply linux [copy] [from] [to]. This you could easily do in a terminal emulator, if there is enough on board mem space.

There's only a small banner ad at the bottom of the "add new tab/bookmark" page - nowhere else so I don't see that as a bother for anyone.

Edit*

The modified Nexus style launcher is pretty neat.

home_1.png
home_2.png
home_launcher.png

@ XDA

Last edited:
I'm off to watch England v Bangladesh in the Test match at Old Trafford in June. I'm going with a mate who has a DAB radio so he can listen to 5 Live. I was thinking I could get one but if I load up 5 Live's site on the browser I could listen to it that way.

Does anyone have any idea how much bandwidth I'd use a day doing this?

BBC Five Live streams at a bitrate of 96kbps so you'd be streaming data at around 12KB/sec - you're not going to get pwnd by Vodafone any time soon :p

Back
Top Bottom