***HTC Magic Thread***

Hah funny peeps :p

I hate Youtube's slowass processing! but it's to be expected with millions of people uploading videos I guess!

Video will be shown here:

Once it has processed! it's probably best to wait until the HD button is available on it too so yeah, some more waiting but at least it has uploaded (and higher quality this time too @ 300MB 720p!)

It was recorded using my Canon 40D so no sound, I have audioswapped with a soundtrack so that will be on when the HD version processes in youtube :)

You don't need sound for the video anyway though really.

I think I'm sold on it now. Gonna have a play with that and the HTC HD in a few weeks but I can't see how any improvement to touch flow can make WM as slick as that.

I'm even starting to think the phone looks good.

I thought mrk wasn't gonna post his video so made a couple of my own! The quality isn't as good though :( Also it's very difficult to film with one hand and control the phone with the other whilst only looking at the camera screen!

Internet Browsing:

App market:

If anyone else wants to see videos of specific apps/features let me know. :)

Last edited:
Also it's very difficult to film with one hand and control the phone with the other whilst only looking at the camera screen!
Its called a tripod. ;) Excellent vids though. :)

If anyone else wants to see videos of specific apps/features let me know. :)
Have you got the Barcode scanner app? Does that come with the HTC Magic or do you have to buy it? If you've got it, would love to see that in action. :p

Just been looking at the specs on HTC's site. It says the Magic uses microSD. I take it that microSDHC won't work?

Last edited:
The barcode scanner works fine, odd items it won't have in its DB yet as I found but most things are in there (even jars of eastern pickle!)

Here's a demo video:

As for SDHC cards I'm not sure, don't have any SDHC cards to test with!

The barcode scanner works fine, odd items it won't have in its DB yet as I found but most things are in there (even jars of eastern pickle!)
Whose db?

That app in itself is worth getting the phone for I reckon. Going to go to my nearest Waterstones and scan all the books and wind the staff up. :D

As for SDHC cards I'm not sure, don't have any SDHC cards to test with!
OK. I'll do some google researching and see if I can find a definitive answer.

Back
Top Bottom