***HTC Magic Thread***

All Vodafone handsets are supplied unlocked, if yours isnt unlocked you need to call them and they will give you the unlock code free of cost.

Apparently.... :)

Now I would just have to get one and change my inclusive bolt on... hmmm.

so tell me how do you backup your phone and contacts since i didn't get any discs with software

It's all done via Gmail!

I manage all my contcats in Gmail, have a group called "Androidees" and in there I add my usual contacts into this group then tell the phone to only display people in this group so only the people I want to show up on the phone show up (eg: you don't want Gmail business contacts showing up on the phone etc).

Then if you starred any contacts in the phone (quick links to favourite phonebook entries (aka: contacts) a new group will be created in Gmail contacts called "Starred by Android".

It's all very nice. Even avatars you set in Gmail will be downloaded into the phone as contact display pictures which is nice!

I also like the way the whole menusystem works in the call log/contacts grouping, very pleasing colours and display quality - overall text is very crisp, feels like cleartype is on!

Pic

htcmagic_contacts.jpg

mrk - when you email some one and it loads up Gmail to send an email can you change the email address it send from for specific contacts?

For example, email a friend from your normal address, but if you click to email a work contact can you get it to send from a work email?

If you get what I mean. :)

Meh!

mrk - when you email some one and it loads up Gmail to send an email can you change the email address it send from for specific contacts?

For example, email a friend from your normal address, but if you click to email a work contact can you get it to send from a work email?

If you get what I mean. :)

I know what you mean! I just tried and no, it only sends from whatever address is set as the default from address in Gmail itself.

Add this to the list of fixes that would be very useful in the next Android update!

Yeah would be very useful feature.

Any idea on multiple texts? On my C902 if I try and text like 20 people only 12 or so will get the text even though the phone says it has sent them all.

I'm not quite sure how to text message multiple people on this, anyone else able to?

Edit*

Found it, you simply enter one recipient then begin typing the name of another and it will find as you type from your contacts....continue this process until all contacts you want are in the to field!

Would be handy to have a "send to all contacts" or "send to all contacts in group xxx" for example for seasonal greetings messages etc!

Last edited:
See edit :D

Also, there is an app in the market place that has been released recently called "Text Easy".

^Read on Android forum!

Last edited:
Ah great stuff. :)

Group contact sending would be a very good feature aswell.

Also mate... group contacts... you can have multiple groups yeah?

So you can skip between group menus with just the people in those groups.

Group sending is now possible via the market app "text Easy - just had a play and it is all good!

Also yeah you can tell contacts to only show people in certain groups.

Oh right sweet.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Whats your fav / best app you have got at the moment? Is there a list of apps that comes standard?

Back
Top Bottom