***HTC Magic Thread***

I did consider the iPhone but damned if I was going to be given a decent tariff by o2 !! and tbh I love Google stuff and I use Google mail/chat all day long so this is just my alley :D

The browser is fine, I tried to view youtube video in the browser and it pops up asking you to load it in the youtube dedicated player which worked flawlessly - you can even add it to your youtube account as if you were in the browser - a nice touch.

The browser itself is fast too over wifi, not tried 3G yet. I like it, lots and glad I chose it over the iPhone now :)

Is there any interest for a 720pish video showing the phone in action, like general usage things, settings wifi, browser, media etc? I have yet to see any videos showing it being used like a normal multifunction phone so maybe this will help people see the UI in action?

If anyone has a windows mobile and wants to try out the android OS - there are versions available and only require a few files on an SD card. Certainly done the trick making me want a full blown android device!

Is there any interest for a 720pish video showing the phone in action, like general usage things, settings wifi, browser, media etc? I have yet to see any videos showing it being used like a normal multifunction phone so maybe this will help people see the UI in action?
Nah. ;) No way man. Why on earth would we want to see the phone in action?! :D

UPLOAD AWAY. :cool:

Does anyone know if there will be any proper satnav apps for android?

My TYTN II is soon due an upgrade and the Magic looks like a nice option but I do use TomTom quite a lot on my HTC.

had quite a while to play now and this really is a brilliant phone - none of the windows mobile clunkiness but with all of the smartphone capabilities

best gadget in ages for me

Does anyone know if there will be any proper satnav apps for android?

My TYTN II is soon due an upgrade and the Magic looks like a nice option but I do use TomTom quite a lot on my HTC.

There's a free one called andnav2 which is in beta. There's also a commercial one called telenav. Haven't tried either. I imagine that tom tom must release an app at some point but don't know when...:(

I've had a chance to play with camcorder and camera, the video quality is decent at around 352x288 - no options to change any special settings for camcorder or camera though and in low light the picture quality is not very good - obviously the camera isn't primary focus so this will be what I look forward to on the next Android phone!

I can now look forward to the next phone too because I know I won't have to manually import all my contacts again, it just syncs with Google!

now if Google were to release an Android backup feature that backs up your Android settings to your Google account making use of that mailbox space that would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom