***HTC Magic Thread***

Downloading CoPilot atm, looks a lot better than Nav4all.

Anyone know why I couldn't purchase with AMEX but it had an icon in google checkout that says AMEX accepted?

Have also downloaded CoPilot - took forever to download the maps and that was using the windows software. All installed now and it looks very polished and nice.

Will report back tomorrow when I will be able to test it on the road.

I think £25 is very reasonable when you compare it to something like TomTom who generally want at least £80 for their mobile versions!

Is there any way/app that allows you to connect to a printer via the USB cable and print pictures.

This is one thing that was good about my N95

I'll be a bit dissapointed if we cant, as to me that is a step backwards.

Still a good phone though I guess

What do I need to switch off, so that I don't get charged loads while abroad. I know Vodafone have that free roaming feature until August, but that doesn't include receiving emails and going on the web.

Cheers.

Have also downloaded CoPilot - took forever to download the maps and that was using the windows software. All installed now and it looks very polished and nice.

Will report back tomorrow when I will be able to test it on the road.

I think £25 is very reasonable when you compare it to something like TomTom who generally want at least £80 for their mobile versions!

Co-Pilot had it's first little run out today, did pretty well and looks a lot nicer than Nav4all. Going on a longer journey tomorow.

Ok guys, same as the above pics my Invisible Shield skin also fits weirdly, not as weird as Kona's above but still unacceptable for the price. I even trimmed a shade off the back shield but that still didn't help. The bottom mic hole for example is completely the wrong position!

The touchscreen shield is also a little too big, some of the edges overlap the edge of the screen.

htcmagic_invskin_camera.jpg

htcmagic_invskin_back.jpg

htcmagic_invskin_under.jpg

htcmagic_invskin_front.jpg

I even followed the instructions to the T and I'm quite precise when it comes to doing things properly :p

I'm just going to not use a skin or anything, just have the pouch and be extra careful not to drop the phone for 16 more months!

Last edited:
I got a reply from Jake @ InvisibleSkinz this morning and he is more than happy to give me a refund if I send the skin back - he has also confirmed that all of the skins should be cut the same, so will suffer from the same problem :( Here are the details for their 30-day money back guarantee: http://www.invisibleskinz.com/Articles.asp?ID=134

Hopefully it doesn't cost the earth to send it back to the USA, knowing royal mail I will need to take a mortgage out!

Chipped away? wtf do you do with it, nibble at it? :D Mine is in mint condition still - although the shape has transformed to outline the Magic shape :p

I had a go on a Magic in-store... it seemed laggy when i swiped between the main screens.... :O

I don't think there was much running... so hopefully it was just "used and abused".. but has anyone noticed this on their phones?

I get the odd lag now and again but tbh it doesnt bother me in the slightest really...sometimes it does slow right down but within a few secs its back up to speed.

Not really used as my main phone the Magic, use my BB Bold as my main phone...the Magic is used for texts and playing games on my journey to and from work.

If it's trying to get a good 3G signal then it can lag yes whilst it does this but as abovem only for a few seconds.

Elsewhere it's smooth.

I installed Google Voice search and it's amazing! A good way to serach stuff and not have the history showing HEHEHE!

It also integrates with the homescreen search button on the front of the phone as a new mic button appears on the search box.

Software Updates are done over the air yeah. I've seen one system update so far!

Last edited:
If it's trying to get a good 3G signal then it can lag yes whilst it does this but as abovem only for a few seconds.

Elsewhere it's smooth.

I installed Google Voice search and it's amazing! A good way to serach stuff and not have the history showing HEHEHE!

It also integrates with the homescreen search button on the front of the phone as a new mic button appears on the search box.

Software Updates are done over the air yeah. I've seen one system update so far!

mrk,

where did you get the Google voice search from? as I've looked and can't find.

Back
Top Bottom