***HTC Magic Thread***

anyone else found/use the app 'off the hook'?

It sets ringer/notification volume + vibrate according to handset orientation.. so if handset facing down .. no ring/vibrate but alarm will still get me up in the morn, handset facing up.. ring and vibrate away

:D

So simple its brilliant

Settings>About Phone>Status will show you the signal strength if that's any use. Mine is currently -101 dBm 6 asu. No idea how good or bad that is. Must be pretty poor if my call quality is anything to go by!

Had my magic for a few days now, absolutely lovely piece of kit. Glad i went for one in the end, thanks to this thread :) First app i got? 'LED Scroller' absolute genious app :D Downloaded a whole bunch over wifi and still need to set up gmote, vlc remote and trying to decide which RSS reader is for me.

I have 2 main gripes with the phone so far. Firstly, no multi-touch....eh? :confused: and i spend far too much time on robodefense :D

Forgot to mention the tariff i got!

300mins
Ultd txt + internet
free phone
£25 a month :) (this was in-store)

I did go through vodafone upgrades phone line and also through retentions and they were just not interested in budging at all with any offers. In comparison the guy in store didn't mind playing ball even though he conceded he couldn't touch what retentions were offering.

Last edited:
Update - I'm sending back this current one, and have used the Quidco/Youatwork deals and already ordered a new phone, fingers crossed!
(who can say no to 3 months free contract?)

PS. I'm loving the phone, the Samsung looks good, and I mightve waited, had it not been on O2

Last edited:
You guys who like to keep up with current affairs need to get the app "Express News" - it's VERY very nice and free, looks highly professional and has a widget thrown in. Also has flicking functions :D

Where did you originally get your contract from when you joined Vodafone? Online or instore? Never tried upgrading in a shop before.

It annoys me with Vodafone that if you ask for an upgrade over the phone, they'll offer rubbish, meaning you have to then go through the motions of cancelling and then have to haggle with retentions - though I guess it's a good way for them to collect another month's worth of money.

First time i got a voda contract? Cant remember now, i've been with them for quite a few years now, but i believe it was in-store.

About haggling in the shop, well the guys in there seem quite open to a bit of wrangling, but even they admit they "cant touch what retentions give you", so it is worth persevering with a few phone calls first just to see what you can get :)

PS. I downloaded Gmote which is nice and easy to use but it was designed for the G1 with it's hardware keyboard, anyone know of anything similiar that supports a software keyboard? Would be damn helpful!

Back
Top Bottom