***HTC Magic Thread***

http://gizmodo.com/5338298/htc-hero...he-magic-mytouch-3g-might-be-left-in-the-cold

There's no confirmation if the official SenseUI update will be optimised for magic's lesser RAM and thus allow it to run nicely though - I'm guessing something will be done by HTC as they will be aware of the RAM issue.

I'm hoping no licensing issue exists but don't mind as XDA devs will port that over nicely hehe.

I cannot imagine it officially coming to the Vodafone Magic as it is a "With Google" phone, which I believe means it has to use an uncustomised version of Android.

http://gizmodo.com/5338298/htc-hero...he-magic-mytouch-3g-might-be-left-in-the-cold

There's no confirmation if the official SenseUI update will be optimised for magic's lesser RAM and thus allow it to run nicely though - I'm guessing something will be done by HTC as they will be aware of the RAM issue.

I'm hoping no licensing issue exists but don't mind as XDA devs will port that over nicely hehe.

Sorry mrk. the sense UI will not be "officially" coming to the magic due to google branding. XDA may well port a rom for the google branded magics but it will run appaulingly slow as always. I'm not bothered really the sense UI is overated and bloated to ****

Well the rumour is that HTC are going to be updating the Hero to make it speedier, I would imagine if they released Sense for the Magic it would have these same optimisations.

Hmm no problems here at all with sluggishness :D

*puts on darren brown face"

Will report back if I find a Vodafone shop in Havant town centre (got some baking to do so will detour) at lunch!

Hi mrk

Did your Darren Brown face work? (I swear he's a true Jedi!)

You can find your nearest store here. I checked for you and we don't have a store in Havant but we have a few around it.

If you didn't manage to get this sorted in store - I'd be happy to help. Drop me an email from our Contact Us page with your details and WRT135 in the body of the text so it routes straight to me.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

:cool:

Kirsty
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Last edited:
It syncs with Google Calendar automatically so yes.
Just remembered that the Pro version of Rainlendar syncs with Google Calendar. So if I got the Magic and also bought the Pro version of Rainlendar I could add tasks (work) and dates to Rainlendar, have them synced to Google Calendar and then that synced to the Magic?

Hi mrk

Did your Darren Brown face work? (I swear he's a true Jedi!)

You can find your nearest store here. I checked for you and we don't have a store in Havant but we have a few around it.

If you didn't manage to get this sorted in store - I'd be happy to help. Drop me an email from our Contact Us page with your details and WRT135 in the body of the text so it routes straight to me.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Kirsty
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Hi I actually totally forgot after going into Havant to seek out a store at lunch, failing and then later just forgetting!

Thanks for your response though, I think this will be the best way to go about it as it will save me time too and hassle of finding a store at a time I'm free :)

Thanks Kirsty/Vodafone peeps!

Just received confirmation SMS that the 2x 4GB SD Micro cards (no 8GB in stock) are on their way :D

Brilliant stuff :)

Have to admit that im bored of my Magic now...when i first got it i couldnt put it down and my Blackberry Bold was relegated to second...but i just couldnt see my Bold being treated so harshly so for the past month or so ive been giving it some much needed love. Dunno why but my Bold just works perfectly without any lag...which my Magic seems to be doing quite a bit...have uninstalled a lot of apps that i had but wasnt using but yet still lagging...and the worst bit is that my accelerometer is no longer working:(...and because its not insured Vodafone have said theres not much they can do about it...

Contemplating on selling the Magic and just paying the rest of my contract off...its a 24mth contract and when i asked last week they said it would cost me around £500 to close the contract down.

Hi Spawn

If your phone has developed a fault and it is not through accidental/intentional/water damage then you will be covered by your warranty with us for 2 years from the date you go it.

You can see how to arrange a repair for this here. I'm sure when you get it back your Magic will be as captivating as it was when you first got it! ;)

Seen a lot of these ^ responses on web forums from Vodafone staff.

Doesn't seem like the worst of jobs does it?

Hi frakker!

It's an awesome job! I love it! :D I love talking to you guys! How do you think I'm doing?

Thanks Kirsty/Vodafone peeps!

Just received confirmation SMS that the 2x 4GB SD Micro cards (no 8GB in stock) are on their way :D

Brilliant stuff :)

Hi mrk

Awesome! I'm glad we could help!

Cheers

Kirsty
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom