***HTC Magic Thread***

Bugger!

Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!

I knocked my coffee over and obviosuly it went right over my phone, managed to get it dry and seems to be ok!...the pouch is ruined though, its all wet and horrible inside, grrr - Can I get a replacement?

Cant believe I have a coffee flavoured phone! bah - At least it still works!!! :S

Kerplunked coffee accidentally the whole phone!

Nice :D

As for pouches, you're gonna have to buy a new one, probably around a tenner on Google if you look about :p

Mine has not had a single accident since the dramatic fall I can happily say!

Heh my Magic is a big daily player now, I use it to mark appointments and calendar dates as well as surf and mail - awesome.

Also Cyanogen mod makes my phone faaaast :p

Can someone tell me if this is meant to be like this or if its slightly fooked!?

When I increase the volume on the left hand side there is a slight delay in the yellow bar moving up and the 'beep' - the bar moves then it beeps?? (not at the same time!) is that normal??

I have another question.

Not sure of its a network setting / provider thing?

Anway, on my C905 on Orange there was a feature where if my phone was off, and someone rang me, it would tell me when i turn it on that i had a miss call, does such a thing exist for this phone? or is it to do with Vodafone/Orange?

naebody any pointers for me?

I followed the 1 click root process, and it went as the guide said it would but when it came to putting the cyanogen rom on it just wont have it.

I don't know how that works because if you have voicemail set then if phone is off then it leaves a voicemail !

The rooting process is simple once you've installed one click root, put the cyanogen rom zip file on the sd card's root then reboot in recovery mode and then update via the sd card zip file! You need to wipe before updating though.

I don't know how that works because if you have voicemail set then if phone is off then it leaves a voicemail !

The rooting process is simple once you've installed one click root, put the cyanogen rom zip file on the sd card's root then reboot in recovery mode and then update via the sd card zip file! You need to wipe before updating though.

thats exactly what i do....:o

I've actually followed unlockrs process thru 4 times now and with the same result each time. hmmmm what a numpty ... I know i MUST be missing something or doing something wrong but i cant see what.

When i transfer the cyanogen rom across to the phone the sdcard is blank. I then reboot and wipe and then apply update at which point it says verification failed.

1. Download this APK and the appropriate recovery image for your motherboard (32A or 32B) and save it to your computer:

FlashRec.apk

Amon Ra’s Recovery Image (32A ONLY)
OR
Amon Ra’s Recovery Image (32B ONLY)

2. Once they are saved to your computer, copy them both to your SD card (do NOT put them inside any folders on the SD card, just put them on the SD card itself).

3. Unplug the phone from the computer once they are downloaded to the SD card.

4. Goto the Market and download Linda File Manager or any file manager program if you do not already have one.

5. Open the file manager and goto SDCard and then find the FlashRec apk file and click it. If asked tell it to use Package Installer to open it. It should automatically install the apk.

6. Open the FlashRec program and click on Backup Recovery Image and wait for it to finish.

7 (32A ONLY). Once done, click on the empty text box in the FlashRec program and type:

sdcard/recovery-RAv1.2.1H.img

7 (32B ONLY). Once done, click on the empty text box in the FlashRec program and type:

sdcard/recovery-RAv1.2.1G.img

8. Then click on the Flash Custom RecoveryImage button and wait for it to finish.

9. Turn off the phone and turn it on into Recovery mode by holding down Home and Power to turn it on (keep holding until the recovery screen comes up has a bunch of text on a black background). So long as that screen comes up, you have done it correctly and can now go on to the How to Load a ROM video for your appropriate device!

Last edited:
Right.. just noticed the only difference in the process Im reading and the process as it appears on my phone.

When it comes to putting on a custom rom you are asked to click on Format Fat32+Ext2+LinuxSwap and wait for it to format.

on my handset it says only 'click on Format Fat32+Ext2+Swap'. Could this be causing the update package to fail verification??

I have no idea what you mean, I never formatted anything, just put zip on SD, booted into recovery and clicked update from any zip file and chose the zip file!

Back
Top Bottom