***HTC Magic Thread***

That Donut update can't come sooner.

Had my phone virtually since launch and its really starting to chug a bit now. Closing the browser, google maps etc takes a lot longer and return to the homescreen.

Hardly running any apps in the background and widgets on the homescreen.

Had my phone virtually since launch and its really starting to chug a bit now. Closing the browser, google maps etc takes a lot longer and return to the homescreen.

I'm finding this as well, scrolling text messages has gotten very jerkey if there are 20+ threads :(

Me too and mine is fine.

cant get my HTC Hero to connect to the internet

anyone had issues with this phone and not being able to get on the internet with it?
it will run on the wireless np at all but as soon as i turn that off and try to run it it will not connect to the internet?
anyone got any ideas what may need changing in the settings?
ive had the same sim in my HTC magic prev and had no issues getting 3G or net access on the same SIM,

Depressingly, the T-Mobile Pulse which will be available on PAYG for £180, doesn't look all that different on paper to the HTC Magic - does it?

If they don't include some sort of sensible mobile data cost in PAYG, which, as far as I can see, no network offers currently, then it's not really a cheap option.

I think T-Mobile, my network, charges something like £1 a day for mobile internet and only offers the £5 a month option if on contract. If it stays like that then it's cheaper to get a phone on contract.

One thing I've discovered since I got my Magic is I use the 3G side all the time when out. I'm addicted to My Tracks and beating times.

Of course my "extensive" research into how networks charge for mobile data might be lackadaisical at best.

If they don't include some sort of sensible mobile data cost in PAYG, which, as far as I can see, no network offers currently, then it's not really a cheap option.

I think T-Mobile, my network, charges something like £1 a day for mobile internet and only offers the £5 a month option if on contract. If it stays like that then it's cheaper to get a phone on contract.

One thing I've discovered since I got my Magic is I use the 3G side all the time when out. I'm addicted to My Tracks and beating times.

Of course my "extensive" research into how networks charge for mobile data might be lackadaisical at best.

Indeed with all the services turned on and syncing, it wont be long before a £10 top up is gone without you making a single call / text.

Have to say I do like the look of that Pulse handset though and at that price will probably get the 'bang for buck' crown in the phone market.

Assuming alls gone swimmingly, which guide on youtube?

it was the unlockr.com one mate but its not worked quite as described...:o

When attempting to apply the sdupdate it opens then says its not been signed and that verifcation has failed:confused:

Phone aint bricked tho, I just whip the battery out, replace and the phone boots fine.

Anybody shed any light as to where I may have went wrong?

Damn you ricky DAMN YOU BOY:D

Just had the battery go to under 10% for the first time. I love the fact that, imagine this, you're out in the middle of nowhere, you're battery is running low and you need to make an important phonecall. I know, lets make a little LED flash constantly to indicate low battery, that won't help it drain faster :D

Reminds me of Homer Simpsons Everything Is All Right™ alarm

Back
Top Bottom