HTC touch diamond

Associate
That tweak doesnt actually work, i have a sim free model and ive done all the tweaks related to that part ie the screen turning off whilst on a call and it doesnt work.

Not such a big problem as i just press the power button and the screen comes back on. Reason why it turns off is so that you dont accidentally press any of the on screen buttons with your face etc and its happened to me a few times.

It didn't work for me the first time i changed the setting but I tried it again at the same time as altering another few settings and now it works fine.

I think it was face-down mute, phone-sleep during call and fast-sleep during call that I changed.

Associate
Well i've been using mine since 9am this morning, had it fully charged by 11am and it's lasted around 11 hours with fairly heavy usage. That was a first charge though so i'll see what it's like in a few days.

I was hoping that i'd be able to use all the features easily with it being all touch screen, I personally find that some of the icons and menus are a little too small to comfortably click on, it's fine with the stylus but it can be a bit annoying having to use that all the time.....Impressed by the web browsing, MSN and Google Maps, Youtube is a bit hit and miss, works fine when connected by wifi but when connected normally it takes nearly 10 mins to load the new videos/most rated pages or search returns, then comes back with a "no videos" message. Any ideas?

Also how do you change the ringtone to an mp3? What folder should I be looking for when I bluetooth it over from my MacBook?

:)

Soldato
Also how do you change the ringtone to an mp3? What folder should I be looking for when I bluetooth it over from my MacBook?

Dump it anywhere you like, then on the phone use the file explorer to navigate to the mp3 file then select it and hold the stylus/button down to enable the options menu and select set as ring tone.

OR

Go to your PHONES memory, then navigate to My Documents, then in there is a My Ringtones, dump the file in there then you should be able to select it in yours sounds and notifications options in settings.

Associate
Cheers for that Stellios, still having trouble with the bluetooth though. :mad:

Found a use for the Word Mobile today, couldn't get a .docx file open so viewed it on the phone instead!

Does anyone know if there are some simple FTP apps for this phone, would come in handy...

Associate
Lasted another 11 hours today before it started saying low battery, only on the second charge now though so hopefully it'll get better....

edit: 9 hours today thats with 30 mins of calls a few texts and 10 mins of web browsing. Phone locked and screen turned off whenever i'm not using it.

:(

Last edited:
Associate
Question to those who have installed different firmware on it, how much better did the battery life become?

Just put my phone on charge after not even 5 hours use. It's getting the point where I daren't use it in the day in case it dies before I finish work and get home.

Feel like sending it back to 02, but then my only other choice of phone would be a C902 or N95. :(

Soldato
I dont know whether you consider this an option, but the battery is only 800mah or thereabouts and you can buy an official optional 1350mah battery which would significantly increase the capacity. This also comes with an oem htc diamond back cover so it'd look more like the proper htc.

Soldato
The standard battery is 900mah. Yes the larger battery can be purchased and it comes with a replacement HTC back cover as the better adds a couple of mm's onto the thickness of the phone.

Associate
Prefer the plain back tbh...

Don't see why I should have to pay out for the bigger battery as well. It's not as i'm constantly on the phone/internet, like I said it lasted just under 5 hours today and that was with 5 texts and about 30 mins of calls. Always turn the screen off too where I can.

Soldato
Doesnt sound right, i've had about 16 hours out of mine today and it's stil going (but low - almost out) and that's texting more or less all day with a fair few phone calls. Have you checked what data connections you have turned on in the background?

Associate
The battery in my Ignito, which I've had for two weeks now, seems to be getting pretty good. Can last a good couple of days of light use.

@ Phaser, make sure you close any data connections when you're not using them, and close all apps properly through Program Manager. I also turned off HSDPA from the start (3G's quick enough for me when not on Wifi), so check that as well.

Associate
9 hours and it's died. Used it for 20 mins of calls and sent around 4 texts, no Internet or anything.

Gonna ring 02 up on Monday and they can have it back, sick of the ******* thing. :mad:

Soldato
9 hours inst right, mine goes about 2 days before it dies. Definately send it back, but id be asking for another one, unless its more than just the crap battery life that puts you off.

Back
Top Bottom