HTC touch diamond

Associate
I've just been offered one of these from the O2 urine retention team. Worth it? I kind of liked the Omnia though.

Yeah, I really like mine. It's not quite the same as the original diamond, it doesn't have the silly strange shaped back.

Make sure you get a good deal though. I got 600 mins, 1000 texts and unlimited mobile internet for £20 a month on an 18 month contract from the retentions people.

Soldato
If what you liked about the Omina was the custom interface then you should have a look at the Diamond interface first as it's totally different.

If you liked the Omina's large storage space and camera then Diamond isn't for you as it on has 4GB with no expansion card slot.

Associate
Primarily I want the ability to email from my phone without resorting to a Blackberry (I had a Pearl and the call sound quality was just plain awful). This phone allows you to control the touch screen without using the sylus, correct?

Caporegime
Primarily I want the ability to email from my phone without resorting to a Blackberry (I had a Pearl and the call sound quality was just plain awful). This phone allows you to control the touch screen without using the sylus, correct?

Yep your right, you can use the screen without the stylus but to be perfectly honest...i use my stylus all the time. I have a standard vanilla Diamond ie sim free in other words and its a great unit but the touch screen can be pretty fustrating at times.

Ive got shot of the original rom and used the TLR rom from xda developers and its been brilliant...a lot more responsive but it does have a few bugs. Looking at updating the TLR rom to Duttys new 1.8 rom from xda....got to find some time to flash it tho...havent had a chance to do so.

The phone as someone mentioned earlier on is a bit like marmite...you either love it or hate it...ive got used to the little niggles and love it. But ill probably be selling it soon as i can upgrade my contract as i have my eye on the new blackberry bold which is meant to be released soon on Tmobile...but i wont be able to upgrade till Jan of next yr.

Associate
Yep your right, you can use the screen without the stylus but to be perfectly honest...i use my stylus all the time.

Interesting, I hardly ever use the stylus. All text inputting I do using the phone style keypad input, as the buttons on the screen are plenty big enough to hit with a thumb or finger.

Associate
Got my Diamond (well, O2 Ignito) at the start of the week and totally loving it. I've updated to the SwiftBBL ROM and it flies in comparision to stock (not to say that the stock ROM was bad, but it did feel a bit sluggish at times).

On the lookout for some new software for it so if anyone has got any recommendations, let me know. I've downloaded ScummVM for playing all the classic Lucas Arts adventure games but for some reason, it is appearing extremely small on the screen - anyone know how to solve this?

Associate
I had an omnia, but due to signal issues with Vodafone I had to return it.

Got a diamond from o2 instead and I love it. Smaller and better than the omnia in my opinion, even without any custom roms.

Best phone I've had by far.

Soldato
hmm guys I really want to get this phone, but I'm looking for something like at least 300 free mins/200 free txts/unlimited internet + free handset, for something like £20-£25/month

i don't mind committing to a 24month contract either, found a good few deals but there's always 1 thing thats missing, usually the unlimited internet.

I think its a bit harsh advertising a phone to have 3g and then to not mention anything about internet charges lol

Soldato
OP
Got my Diamond (well, O2 Ignito) at the start of the week and totally loving it. I've updated to the SwiftBBL ROM and it flies in comparision to stock (not to say that the stock ROM was bad, but it did feel a bit sluggish at times).

On the lookout for some new software for it so if anyone has got any recommendations, let me know. I've downloaded ScummVM for playing all the classic Lucas Arts adventure games but for some reason, it is appearing extremely small on the screen - anyone know how to solve this?

Could you provide me with some instructions as to how you did this

Associate
hmm guys I really want to get this phone, but I'm looking for something like at least 300 free mins/200 free txts/unlimited internet + free handset, for something like £20-£25/month

i don't mind committing to a 24month contract either, found a good few deals but there's always 1 thing thats missing, usually the unlimited internet.

I think its a bit harsh advertising a phone to have 3g and then to not mention anything about internet charges lol

If your with O2 already you can get from retentions:
600 mins
1000 texts
unlimited internet
free phone

for £20-25 for 18 months

Very happy with mine, but I will probably buy the bigger battery on release.

Back
Top Bottom