HTC touch diamond

Associate
Just to confirm before I flash; how easy was it to restablish a data connection with your provider (in my case O2) once you've flashed to one of the unofficial ROMs?

I do really like this phone, btw. It's actually tiny! Much smaller than I anticipated.

Associate
Had this for a month now. Excellent device but there is just one thing that bothers me: Battery life is not that good.

The Compact III I could charge up once a week; this IV I have to plug it in every other day.

Associate
Had this for a month now. Excellent device but there is just one thing that bothers me: Battery life is not that good.

The Compact III I could charge up once a week; this IV I have to plug it in every other day.

Every other day sounds about the same as the SPV M3100 then?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone here know how the diamond compares to the N95 8GB? Would i regret selling my n95 for one?

Ermmm well they are 2 completely different phones tbqh...i got rid of my n95 8gb and got the Diamond when it was first released...at first i wasnt that impressed with the Diamond and regretted selling the N95 8gb but the more i used it the more i fell in love with it. But they are 2 completely different phones that use different operating systems ie the nokia uses symbian and the diamond uses windows mobile 6.1.

The camera on the Diamond isnt all that great compared to the n95 8gb...plus its only 4gb of internal storage compared to 8gb on the n95.

I couldnt and cant recommend you getting the Diamond over the n95 because it might not suit your needs. But for me, its turned out to be the best decision ive made.

Associate
Spawn,

Did you back up your default O2 ROM before you flashed? I haven't managed it as of yet. I've tried dumping the memory using a utility on the xda-dev forums to no avail. Apparently my device won't allow me to update the itsultils.dll file required to use the backup tool. Following that I tried editing the registry the loosen security on this function - I'm locked out for some reason. After that, I tried using a tool called RapiConfig (no idea what it does but apparently it could potentially help) and that fails too. Am I missing something?

I could, er, have a copy of your ROM if you have one and it's not too much trouble. :)

Associate
Not to worry, I worked out what I was doing wrong anyway! :)

Does that mean you now have a backup of the original O2 rom? I want to upgrade mine, but want to back up the rom first.

I know about dumping the rom, and ending up with files, but not how to turn it back into a rom I could flash back if needed.

Soldato
My Diamond should be delivered tomorrow (stupid couriers did a "City Link" and just pushed a card through). Just a quick question, does it come with Sat Nav?

Associate
Not to worry, I worked out what I was doing wrong anyway! :)

Ok, now I'm stuck.

Just tried to dump the rom, and it failed, so read some more. Now trying to edit the registry so that it all works, but enablerapi gives an 'access denied' message.

How exactly did you get it working on your Ignito?

Caporegime
My Diamond should be delivered tomorrow (stupid couriers did a "City Link" and just pushed a card through). Just a quick question, does it come with Sat Nav?

It comes with inbuilt gps but doesnt come with any sat nav software unless your getting it from your network who may supply a trial version of sat nav software.
Im running TomTom on mine and it works perfectly well.

Associate
mines arriving today from retentions, 1200 mins, unlimited text, unlimited mobile internet £25 a month w00t THis will be my 4th year with O2

I must say, they have never let me down on crackin deals!

Associate
Mine arrived from O2 the other day and I have a question -

I've set up my gmail account but it doesn't seem to be updating new messages every 5 or 10 minutes (as per the setting applied). Are there any other checks I can do to ensure my inbox is refreshed, and updated regularly?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone on Orange should definately update with their new firmware as it does speed up the phone considerably! It's much more fun to use now and I love how browsing on the OCuK forums uses like no data haha! Been using it for that on the commute! Gonna get the opera lite browser though as opera is a tad sluggish in general.

As for the emails it should just be updating for you mate, just keep an eye on it or do the simple thing, send an email to your inbox you have linked and see how long it takes to pick it up! ;)

-Edit-

Seriously thinking of picking up the new 1340MhA battery on the HTC Accessory shop, it comes with a replacement back plate so the phone will be made slightly thicker......hmmmm trade off on size for battery.......

Last edited:
Associate
It doesn't seem to be pushing emails. It waits to refresh my inbox only after I switch my phone on from standby mode. I've monitored times, etc and it still waits to come out of standby for anything to happen :confused:

Back
Top Bottom