HTC U11

Soldato
Good on them for upping the ram. I feel 6GB is the sweet spot and should be the minimum on a flagship.

128GB and Oreo is also excellent.

Battery capacity?

Edit 3930 mAh. Impressive.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aka what the pixel 2xl could have been!
Really impressive to be fair and if they do another 10% discount off their UK website like they did with the U11 I may just be tempted since the dimensions are pretty much the same as the U11

Associate
That is indeed excellent, they seem as if they are at least trying to compete now by offering class leading specs for less money than the competition. Interesting!

Edit: Just read a review. Very impressed that they are offering 6Gb of RAM, 128Gb storage, 6" screen, audiophile class sound and class leading battery all for £100 less than a Pixel 2 XL. Out of nowhere, this has suddenly got me excited. I really hope it is as good as it appears to be at this point!

Edit 2: The review I read says NO wireless charging. That's far from a deal breaker for me though considering the rest of the phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's weird, I thought the charging coil could clearly be seen on in the translucent black model.

Edit: Seems it's the NFC antenna. Not to worry, hardly use wireless charging myself to be honest. Loving that translucent one though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its for sale from the 20th which ties in with the start of HTCs black firday event. Wonder what the price will be in the HTC club, might even be nearer the £600 mark.

Associate
I've posted about this elsewhere. Absolutely zero interest. I think this is HTCs main problem nowadays, nobody is interested unless it has "Samsung" or "Apple" somewhere on it. Shame really as in most respects it looks like they've hit it out of the park with this, even better if as said above its on a Black Friday deal - although that might be a little *too* optimistic :D

Soldato
Been watching some vids on YouTube. Conflicting reports of the UK model not having a SD card slot on the 128GB/6GB model.

It may not be important to some but I have an extensive media collection that I carry with me because of my long commute and if HTC have omitted this feature for the UK this phone will be off the list.

I have reached out to HTC UK on Twitter to find out what the situation is.

Soldato
It's in the UK HTC site with micro SD card slot. The only clause is that it uses the second SIM slot on dual SIM models.

I saw that on the website as well but some YouTube channels are reporting that users won't be able to expand on the memory. This needs to be clarified as it's a deal breaker for me if it doesn't have a SD card slot.

Originally the HTC U11+ was slated to be the 'Muskie' device that Google shelved in favour of LG's device. This adds weight to the lack of SD card slot as we all know Pixel devices don't have expandable memory.

This would obviously be negated if HTC release the dual Sim version here in the UK.

Last edited:
Soldato
Initially the ceramic black colour option will be the only one available and the translucent black coming out in Jan/Feb.

I very much doubt this phone will be part of the black Friday deal however people can get a discount via the usual HTC Club method.

Soldato
Good news for anyone interested HTC UK have confirmed that the version sold here will be the dual SIM U11 Plus and will have the SD card slot.

Awesome....will be putting in my pre order on the 20th.

Associate
Was all set to go for the LG V30 as really interested in the DAC and dual camera set up, but was going to wait for the price to drop as don't fancy paying £800 and historically LG phone's don't hold their price, but have to admit this has really got me tempted, just the headphone jack, or lack of I should say that is making me wonder!

Man of Honour
Need a new phone as my Note 4 keeps freezing up, restarting and dumping out to some sort of android boot screen. U11+ looks decent so hopefully my current handset can hold out that long.
Not sure how I feel about the price though, phone tech doesn't feel like it is advancing that rapidly and hardly any value to be found in contract bundles any more.

Associate
Was all set to go for the LG V30 as really interested in the DAC and dual camera set up, but was going to wait for the price to drop as don't fancy paying £800 and historically LG phone's don't hold their price, but have to admit this has really got me tempted, just the headphone jack, or lack of I should say that is making me wonder!
Same here, it's a shame that audio comparison between phones isn't getting the same attention that camera comparison's do. Considering we're now at a crossover point between headphone jacks, USB C and bluetooth headsets you'd think someone would be looking at this.

As for the HTC U11+ apparently there is a DAC in the USB C adaptor but no details about it.

Soldato
Same here, it's a shame that audio comparison between phones isn't getting the same attention that camera comparison's do. Considering we're now at a crossover point between headphone jacks, USB C and bluetooth headsets you'd think someone would be looking at this.

As for the HTC U11+ apparently there is a DAC in the USB C adaptor but no details about it.
It will be the same as the HTC U11 in that regard. Which is a pain because you can't use normal USB C to 3.5mm adapters or better ones with a 3.5mm port and USB C port. Plus the HTC ones are really hard to get hold of if you lose them. I've got used to Bluetooth headphones now but no doubt I'll forget to charge them one night.

Soldato
It will be the same as the HTC U11 in that regard. Which is a pain because you can't use normal USB C to 3.5mm adapters or better ones with a 3.5mm port and USB C port. Plus the HTC ones are really hard to get hold of if you lose them. I've got used to Bluetooth headphones now but no doubt I'll forget to charge them one night.

Yes the dac is in the adapter as with all the dongles, but apparently the one from Google which is £9 each is better quality than the HTC supplied one.

https://youtu.be/9Pi_SykMCsI

Skip to 2m50s

Back
Top Bottom