HTC U11

Soldato
Thought I'd share - I noticed there are U11s in the Amazon Warehouse sale today, cheapest is £339 for a black one when you add it to your basket (20% off). Blue and silver ones a couple of quid more.

Still very happy with mine, and I've got into the routine of charging my bluetooth headphones now.

Soldato
Thought I'd share - I noticed there are U11s in the Amazon Warehouse sale today, cheapest is £339 for a black one when you add it to your basket (20% off). Blue and silver ones a couple of quid more.

Still very happy with mine, and I've got into the routine of charging my bluetooth headphones now.

Bit of a bargain at that price.

Soldato
It's in the members club, top left or top on mobile. I doubt a direct link would work Stoosh.

Bit of a bargain at that price.

Thanks Mate, logged in with my members club credentials and saw the preorder come up.

It most definitely is a bargain at that price. I couldn't wait for the transparent version or the amazing silver to come out so I just ordered this one.

Who knows when this will be released. It just says back ordered on the website but I am looking forward to getting my hands on the device. The U11 was an awesome phone and IMO the best of 2017.

Associate
The warehouse U11 is a very decent bargain for someone. So many phones deal floating about this week. Pixel 2 is still the one I'd like but deals like this make it mighty hard to justify the extra costs.

@stoosh did you consider any other phones? The U11+ is also a decent price compared to all the other flagships. The larger battery and decent camera and near stock Android make it a good shout during the sale.

Soldato
^Yes Mate I'm a bit of a phone wh*re and have bought literally every flagship this year bar the G6 and the U11 was the one I most impressed with. As soon as I heard rumours of the U11+ I sold my U11 and put the money away to buy the U11+

Associate
^Yes Mate I'm a bit of a phone wh*re and have bought literally every flagship this year bar the G6 and the U11 was the one I most impressed with. As soon as I heard rumours of the U11+ I sold my U11 and put the money away to buy the U11+

Thanks for the input. I am liking what I am reading and seeing. I have whittled it down to the Pixel 2 and HTC 11+ if spending around £600 odd. The other contenders are Nokia 8 or OP5T but camera is most important feature for me to capture moments with the kids when don't have the main camera and then for day to day be a good all rounder.

Soldato
Thanks for the input. I am liking what I am reading and seeing. I have whittled it down to the Pixel 2 and HTC 11+ if spending around £600 odd. The other contenders are Nokia 8 or OP5T but camera is most important feature for me to capture moments with the kids when don't have the main camera and then for day to day be a good all rounder.

No worries...the Pixel 2 doesn't have a SD card slot and I need one in my device but if it had bigger memory that would have been a contender but price is also a factor.

I had the Nokia 8 and the camera was very hit and miss but other than that it's a very good all rounder plus the 64GB/4GB version is going for £399 ATM. It's going to get Lumia UI in the near future which should sort out the camera. I returned the device because of the light bleed which really messed with my OCD otherwise I would have kept the phone.

I briefly had the OP5 but gave it back because of the jelly issue the camera was ok not that great so if you want a phone with a decent camera I'd look at the Pixel 2, HTC U11+ Samsung Galaxy S8 or if money is no object the Note 8.

Soldato
Downloading now too.. fingers crossed!

*edit* seems fine so far once past the normal Google play services cache purge .
read people had issues with BT in their cars after the update but worked fine for me on commute home from work.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone know what the little hole is for to the left of the front facing camera? just managed to get a tiny bit of pastry in there and its now sort of clogged up the hole!!!

Soldato
Noticed one problem with the Oreo update. For some reason I can no longer connect to Vodafone's Wi-Fi SSID at tube stations, it says I am missing a certificate. It means if I want to use Wi-Fi I have to used the Virgin Media captive portal and connect manually instead which is a bit annoying.

Soldato
Soldato
It does indeed look nice. Especially the red!
My U11 has been great to be fair.. just a little dissapointed HTCs updates are a bit poor. Don't get me wrong they were one of the first to bring out oreo but still on nov17 security. Bit panrs!

Also removing the Sense UI by now would have been a better move. Adopting pure Android like Nokia have would make it much more attractive as I generally hate the look of Sense now and it’s just an extra unrequired layer.

Back
Top Bottom