HTC U11

Soldato
Congrats stoosh, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it now you had a play. How does the speed and screen compare to the 3T?

Thanks Mate! I'll be perfectly honest when it first got delivered I wasn't really impressed. There were a few things missing that I took for granted on the 3T and it was a real vanilla experience which I disliked immensely. The lack of a 3.5mm jack was a pain but I got around that and bought some bluetooth headphones.

I went to my go to launcher - Nova and started using the device and I was pleasantly surprised at how fluid and fast the device is. It's Pixel fast...
I'd say the camera is better and so is the speed but only just marginally. The advantage that the U11 has that it's got a SD card slot.

Oh yes before I forget the battery life is decent too not as good as the 3T but that has the advantage of a 1080 panel and bigger battery. The U11 easily gets me through the day.

All in all it's a very competent phone...

Last edited:
Associate
I got my black U11 a couple of days ago and really like the feel of it compared to the earlier metal phones, although it is slippery and a fingerprint magnet. I am little bit disappointed that little has changed software-wise. Which leads me to a question - should the UK version come with Google Assistant because mine doesn't have it - only the old Google app? I know they are going to update the phone with Amazon Alexa, but the reviews suggest that Google Assistant should already be there.

Associate
Well, my U11 is going back. I turned it on this morning and a whole line of what appear to be stuck pixels has appeared in the middle of the screen. :(

EDIT: I am starting to wonder if it is actually a piece of fluff that has somehow got under the glass.

Anyway, not good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Mate! I'll be perfectly honest when it first got delivered I wasn't really impressed. There were a few things missing that I took for granted on the 3T and it was a real vanilla experience which I disliked immensely. The lack of a 3.5mm jack was a pain but I got around that and bought some bluetooth headphones.

I went to my go to launcher - Nova and started using the device and I was pleasantly surprised at how fluid and fast the device is. It's Pixel fast...
I'd say the camera is better and so is the speed but only just marginally. The advantage that the U11 has that it's got a SD card slot.

Oh yes before I forget the battery life is decent too not as good as the 3T but that has the advantage of a 1080 panel and bigger battery. The U11 easily gets me through the day.

All in all it's a very competent phone...

Glad to hear it. You must have so many phones now :p

Back
Top Bottom