HTC Vive to cost $799?

Associate
The shipping price was a big shock to me. But as long as its sent with a good carrier I'm ok with it I guess....

still though, £50 on top of an already eye-watering price. Gah. I couldn't resist though

Associate
Ended up debating with myself whether or not to pull the trigger for 5 minutes... ordered at 15:10 so will hopefully be fast enough to get the April shipping still

Delivery cost was a bit of a slap in the face but heyo

Soldato
Ordered, got confirmation at 15:09, waited about 2 minutes for the email.
Weirdly, the mail time stamp says 14:33, think they may have a problem with their mail server lol.

Associate
Doh, should have thought about the Steam store... just like many things, going through the app is the smart thing to do!

Now... To cancel the rift or just try and sell in on afterwards. Maybe even make a slight profit to offset the cost of the Vive? Hmmmmmm......

Associate
I was determined not to buy until it had been out a while but got talked into it :) oh well can't wait to try it out, hopefully get it in April

Soldato
Appears there may have been a fault with the site, as there MAY have been the option to select Standard Delivery, which was around £4.81. Not sure if it's accurate or not, we all know what Reddit is like, but still.

Associate
Ordered mine via the steam app on my phone, after much faffing around and going through the external website. I checked on the drop down menu and there was only one delivery option. Got email confirmation and wait to see what happens in April. I'm away for 2 weeks in the middle of the month...

Soldato
Appears there may have been a fault with the site, as there MAY have been the option to select Standard Delivery, which was around £4.81. Not sure if it's accurate or not, we all know what Reddit is like, but still.

No way would there be that much difference between 2 options, and I doubt they would ship a product like this via any other method anyway.

I'm fully expecting a drone to deliver my Vive :p

Associate
I can confirm there was only Express shipping available when ordering via the HTC site.

We have a month or so to sort out any excess shipping charges (if there are some), once the initial ordering peak dies down.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I can confirm there was only Express shipping available when ordering via the HTC site.

We have a month or so to sort out any excess shipping charges (if there are some), once the initial ordering peak dies down.
Yep I checked the drop down also. No other option but Express.

Hopefully that's some kind of mistake. I'll happily take slow over express if it brings the price down.

Back
Top Bottom