1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huel: The Future of Food ..

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Warbie, Jan 20, 2016.

1. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Different recipes. There are various different sources to get your nutrition from, all the different food replacements use different ingredients to achieve the same thing.

2. robj20

Soldato

I'm going to go 100% Huel next week just for curiosities sake. Anyone else tried it did you crave solid food?

3. Razor-BladE

Mobster

Not tried 100% but on days that I'm busy, I usually have about 2000cal of Huel during the day, and really craving solid food when I get back in the evening.

4. robfosters

Caporegime

Why would you cut solid food out of your diet if you are a healthy individual?

5. robj20

Soldato

Why not?

6. robfosters

Caporegime

Food is one of life’s pleasures. Everyone enjoys eating nice food. Don’t they?

7. robj20

Soldato

Not really at the moment it's just a chore where I tend to eat what ever is easiest. Lots of takeaway, ready meals that sort of thing.

8. robfosters

Caporegime

Each to their own, but I couldn’t imagine never eating and living completely on fluids.

9. robj20

Soldato

I make it much thicker sometimes so it's like porridge. Eat it with a spoon.

10. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Committed now, signed up to subscription for two bags of Kaffee flavour a month.

Definitely worthwhile, 2 scoops for breakfast, 2 for afternoon snack, get all the protein I need and proper food before and after climbing sessions.

11. Shimmyhill

Mobster

I’m still on Huel for breakfast and I actually like it :o

I’ve sertled on 1 scoop of vanilla, 2 scoops of unsweetened and some frozen fruit - either blueberries or strawberries and made in a blender and left in the fridge overnight.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019 at 8:34 PM
  12. robj20

Soldato

I'd remove the mention of referral and link, it's against the rules.

13. Shimmyhill

Mobster

Sorted, cheers.

14. RoboCod

Capodecina

Meh! I used Ross's referral above, it shouldn't matter. Perhaps it best if we ask for someone to send us a referral? Help one another. The hard and fast no referral rule is a bummer.

Anyway, been on the huel over a week now and going well. I don't use it every single day, just usually when at work and unable to prep food. Coffee is OK, except less coffee flavoured than I expected. Berry is nice. I top them up with some seed sprinkles I got from aldi.

15. Reeve

Mobster

It seems a newer version of the huel bars is out. v2 was a big improvement over v1(which i found to be tasteless and dry) and now the v3 version is again a big improvement especially in texture and taste over v2.

I'm not sure how the different versions compare nutritionally and what changes they have made but i would now recommend them if you find the powder is not convenient enough. It goes without saying this is still a meal replacement bar so don't expect to be on par with a fridge cooled Mars bar(yes, the temperature is important :D) in the taste department but I did enjoy eating one just now.

I wasn't even aware there was an updated recipie out as i only started a subscription around a month ago for the v2 variant. I had one yesterday and was surprised how nice it tasted but didn't think anything of it. I took a bite out of one today and it tasted even better than yesterday so i knew it wasn't a coincidence, that was when i checked the back of the packet.