"Hundreds" of Met Police armed response officers hand in the weapons after colleague charged with murder - Chris Kaba Shooting aftermath.

Sure, I'll bite and respond to the two posts above.

How do you know being hit by an Audi would result in more than a broken leg?

How do you know the persons who were allegedly being targeted by the driver of the car were unable to move slightly out of the way?

Lets jump straight to huge massive loss of life ponders and maybe there was an armed nuke in the car.... OMG!

Every one is assuming the worst possible scenario when really people should be waiting for more info.

We only know what info has been spoon-fed to us.

Stay true to form, GD.

o7

If someones driving a car at you, you can safely assume they're trying to kill you.

safely assume
That is hilarious, really.

You could also safely assume the person in front of your car will move so you can escape what ever peril you maybe facing from the inhabitants of an unmarked police car.

You could also safely assume the driver wanted to get his maccies back home before it got cold.

Addition: AFO are trained not to act on assumptions, only fact.

Last edited:
Good on them standing firm and supporting their fellow officer who is being railroaded to prevent the demographic in question from rioting, looting and burning down their own neighbourhoods.

Two ton of Audi is a deadly weapon, end of! The **** asked for, and deserved, what he got. But of course, he's a 'rapper' so gets a pass on any and all criminal behaviour by the usual suspects.
So the correct punishment for dangerous driving is summary execution? Excellent!

I have no idea what happened as none of us have the full facts but the CPS have decided a prosecution is appropriate. The officer in question has the right to trial by jury of his peers where he will get to present his case and the prosecution will try to prove beyond reasonable doubt his guilt. The full fact will then be known and if as you say ‘he got what he deserved’ then the officer will be found not guilty and return to duty.

He doesn’t get a free pass because he is a ‘rapper’ he is dead which means he can’t face trial and punishment for what ever crimes he was guilty of that day.

Last edited:
I have no idea what happened as none of us have the full facts but the CPS have decided a prosecution is appropriate. The officer in question has the right to trial by jury of his peers where he will get to present his case and the prosecution will try to prove beyond reasonable doubt his guilt. The full fact will then be known and if as you say ‘he got what he deserved’ then the officer will be found not guilty and return to duty.
This is of course correct, but to sum up the concerns of the officers who in large numbers have now declined to carry firearms, as I understand those concerns, would be that there has been political interference in the CPS's decision to prosecute. It's not that hard to imagine this being true but I have no idea whether it is or not.

Sure, I'll bite and respond to the two posts above.

How do you know being hit by an Audi would result in more than a broken leg?

How do you know the persons who were allegedly being targeted by the driver of the car were unable to move slightly out of the way?

Lets jump straight to huge massive loss of life ponders and maybe there was an armed nuke in the car.... OMG!

Every one is assuming the worst possible scenario when really people should be waiting for more info.

We only know what info has been spoon-fed to us.

Stay true to form, GD.

o7
So based on your assessment of this situation, where:

- a driver of a car associated with firearms was apparently ramming a marked police car
- you magically know that the worst consequence of this would have been a broken leg
- you also magically know that the driver of the car (who is driving it in an illegal and extremely aggressive way regardless of the presence of police) is not in fact armed and will not be going on to murder or seriously injure someone else if you just let him get away at this point

What level of force do you believe would have been justified to stop the driver? Are the police only justified to use exactly the same level of force as the offender has already used in order to protect people and property?

You say people should wait for more Information, and I think that's true really at this point, but you seem to have become quite convinced that it would have been wrong for anyone to think that shooting the offender in the scenario as we understand it currently should have been even remotely on the cards...

Personally I think it would be quite reasonable to assume that someone ramming their car into a marked police vehicle and not following instructions might well pose danger to the police and members of the public well beyond just a broken leg, regardless of the association with firearms...

Last edited:
So based on your assessment of this situation, where:

- a driver of a car associated with firearms was apparently ramming a marked police car
- you magically know that the worst consequence of this would have been a broken leg
- you also magically know that the driver of the car (who is driving it in an illegal and extremely aggressive way regardless of the presence of police) is not in fact armed and will not be going on to murder or seriously injure someone else if you just let him get away at this point

What level of force do you believe would have been justified to stop the driver? Are the police only justified to use exactly the same level of force as the offender has already used in order to protect people and property?

You say people should wait for more Information, and I think that's true really at this point, but you seem to have become quite convinced that it would have been wrong for anyone to think that shooting the offender in the scenario as we understand it currently should have been even remotely on the cards...

Personally I think it would be quite reasonable to assume that someone ramming their car into a marked police vehicle and not following instructions might well pose danger to the police and members of the public well beyond just a broken leg, regardless of the association with firearms...
The police are only allowed to use lethal force if there is an immediate threat to life it will be for a jury to decide if they believe that use of lethal force force was not justified beyond reasonable doubt. It is how our justice system works, it is incredibly rare for a firearms officer to be charged with murder.

This is of course correct, but to sum up the concerns of the officers who in large numbers have now declined to carry firearms, as I understand those concerns, would be that there has been political interference in the CPS's decision to prosecute. It's not that hard to imagine this being true but I have no idea whether it is or not.
Nobody is in any position to say either way unless they were there and even then it is up to the CPS to decide if there is a reasonable chance of conviction and they clearly believe there is.

Norman Brennan
@NormanBrennan
Folks I’m aware that Armed County forces are now patrolling London; I’m also aware that some Armed County officers were phoned at home & refused to volunteer their services as THEY TOO ‘Reflect’ their position & stand United with their MET Armed Police Colleagues! I too share THEIR serious concerns!

We will have to wait to see what additional info comes to light and its obvious we cant have police killing people at random. Who knows what the armed officers intentions were though, maybe he was racist or maybe he **** himself with car being driven at him and made a split second decision.

Very hard to feel sympathy for CK though, sounds like an absolute charmer.

Implicated in a shooting incident the day before he was shot.
Jailed in 2019 for firearms offences, released then jailed again for driving an uninsured car while carrying a knife.
Served with a domestic violence protection order relating to the mother of his unborn child.
Member of the 67 rap group which is designated as a criminal gang, which has been involved in county lines operations.

Feels like a never ending cycle with the children being born into this environment, not sure what the solution is if any.

Well that paints an interesting picture, thanks for linking the telegraph article.

‘A witness at the scene claimed the driver attempted to escape the roadblock by ramming his vehicle into one of the police cars’

1. Allegedly. The car may have accelerated AFTER the guy was shot, muscle spams n stuff.

2. Nopes, I'm just not going to assume loss of life is the worst outcome without more reliable and detailed info.

3. Guilty by association?
Did they know he was driving it illegally before they shot him?
Did they know who he was before they shot him?

1. Allegedly. The car may have accelerated AFTER the guy was shot, muscle spams n stuff.

2. Nopes, I'm just not going to assume loss of life is the worst outcome without more reliable and detailed info.

3. Guilty by association?
Did they know he was driving it illegally before they shot him?
Did they know who he was before they shot him?

Gold medal for mental gymnastics but F- for critical thinking here.

Has anyone mentioned that Chris Kaba had previous firearm offences and had a four year juvenile sentence where he spent three years in a young offenders home ?

On that basis there was credible intelligence to stop him and he failed to stop . I’m sorry he got what he deserved.

I hate the police with a passion but in this instance officer NX121 has my sympathy along with 100 officer handing there fire arms tickets . Support your officers for god sake .

Has anyone mentioned that Chris Kaba had previous firearm offences and had a four year juvenile sentence where he spent three years in a young offenders home ?

On that basis there was credible intelligence to stop him and he failed to stop . I’m sorry he got what he deserved.

I hate the police with a passion but in this instance officer NX121 has my sympathy along with 100 officer handing there fire arms tickets . Support your officers for god sake .
Yeah 7 posts up

Failure to stop is not punishable by death, people fail to stop for the police every day without getting killed.

The circumstances under which a fire arms officer can use deadly force are very clear, the jury will decide if this incident was one in which use of lethal force was justified. It is incredibly rare for a firearms officer to be charged with murder so one has to assume the CPS know something that we don’t otherwise the crow won’t win the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom