Hungarian Grand Prix 2016, Budapest - Race 11/21

Just catching up with this q3 drama, any driver improving their lap while driving under double Yellows should not have that lap stand, surely?

Did Rosberg only get pole because of a better time under double Yellows?

Yes, Ham was leading after everyone's first run. With Rosberg people are saying he lifted, there were at least turn 8 and 9 which were under double waved yellows, Alonso was just getting out of the way as Rosberg came up but Rosberg certainly had waved yellows up to where ALonso had gone off even if he was no longer there.

Hamilton coming out of turn 8 backed miles off before he even saw Alonso, Rosberg having not seen the car was moved didn't lift almost at all.

The problem is Mercedes won't contest it so that leaves the rest of them. And do they really care that much to go to he effort of asking the stewards about it?

Yup, if Ricciardo got 2nd and Rosberg would be behind him then RBR would scream and shout at the stewards, but because it only effects Hamilton other teams likely won't get involved and Merc certainly won't push for a penalty or complain to the stewards.

Yup. That's got to go to the stewards.

Rosberg didn't significantly slow or was prepared to stop, only real lift was for the corner and after that initial 'lift' just nailed the throttle.

Cheatberg at it again.

The only way he is ever quicker than Lewis.

How can Rosberg be quicker under DOUBLE yellows. If they let that go then it is a complete farce, his lap should be deleted. It would send a terrible message if not.

It will be an interesting start to the race tomorrow!

Last edited:
Lol you all really do hate him.
If Hamilton paid his tax I might care, but I really do not.
He can bling away with his lovely earrings, and I'll give just as much of a hoot for either merc driver at the moment.

I'd love to see neither of them win this season, but unfortunately chances are very rare.

Sounds like Red Bull are asking the Stewards to review that lap. Makes a mockery of the rules if he set a purple sector under yellow flags. Then again the FIA do have a lot of experience in making a mockery of their own rules. Sigh.

He can bling away with his lovely earrings, and I'll give just as much of a hoot for either merc driver at the moment.

I'd love to see neither of them win this season, but unfortunately chances are very rare.

I like Hamilton because he's the most exciting driver to watch on the grid, nothing more or less. Nationalism/patriotism does nothing for me. There are people that want english teams to do well in the champs league after their own team goes out, I couldn't give a damn about that kind of thing. It's nonsense, I don't like Rosberg because he's cheated repeatedly over the past 4 years, he's happy to push people off the track in a dangerous way, he's chosen to make contact several times and he's just not very fast when he's not cheating.

It's got 100% nothing to do with Hamilton or Rosberg's nationality, I don't care where people pay their tax, though in general it's likely that Hamilton pays tax in the UK(not on all of his earnings but sports starts often get screwed in paying tax in countries like the US/UK who deem that part of their income is directly because of their work in the UK so are liable for a percentage of their income. I don't know if F1 is an exception, it's the reason guys like Bolt often chose not to take part in a meet in the UK because the UK then puts a demand for tax based off their entirely yearly earnings as a result.

Why should he pay tax when he is hardly in the UK.

Would you pay tax if you were hardly in the country. Honestly?

It's not like he spends 8 months of the year in the UK and moved elsewhere for a tax break, long before he stopped paying full tax in the UK he was barely living here. Outside of the british GP and frequent visits his home was always elsewhere. There are guys who live in the UK full time and use every trick in the book to get paid elsewhere, hide their bonuses in offshore accounts and do everything to not pay the tax they owe, someone who basically emigrated out of the UK has no responsibility to pay a lot of tax in the UK. It's like saying if I move out of my rented flat to a new flat, I should pay for the new places rent and continue paying rent here as well... while I don't live here, it's an absurd assertion.

Last edited:
Anyone around who can ask Bianchis family if they think that Rosbergs 'lift' was sufficient?

The FIA was recommended by the Accident Panel set up after his accident to enforce the yellow flag rules. I'm sure they'd be extremely happy with the end result of that recommendation...

*there may be the tiniest bit of sarcasm in this post*

Sounds like Red Bull are asking the Stewards to review that lap. Makes a mockery of the rules if he set a purple sector under yellow flags. Then again the FIA do have a lot of experience in making a mockery of their own rules. Sigh.

When I think about it, though I said people rarely complain if it's about the other team, I was thinking from the point of if that lap didn't count his other lap would and he'd probably still be second though I can't recall his first lap time compared to Ricciardo's fastest. But it's more the case that if he receives a penalty for going too fast then he'd likely get a grid penalty dropping him below a few other drivers. So actually in this case it is in their interest to complain.

I don't like Hamilton's personality, but he is one of the best drivers to watch on track and I can't stand Rosberg since he can only win by cheating or others misfortune.

Rosberg must have been on the fastest lap of all time if that lift was sufficient to allow him to stop if he had needed to. What was his previous lap time? How many places would he lose? Deleting the lap wouldn't be a good enough punishment in my opinion, but then again it is Rosberg we are talking about who gets away with it every time.

:eek:Purple sector in a double waved yellow, but a blip of the throttle means its OK?

Screw you FIA. People die when they abuse double yellows. Grow some balls.

Hulkenburgs tiny blip in Austria was just as much a joke

As was how hakkinen used to cheat it. Even worse in fact he used to remove a hand from the wheel to prove he was in control. Madness.

Paid what taxes?

Its seems Rosberg has indeed been called to the Stewards.

Will it be no action as usual though?

Did you see the "lift" that Hulk got away with in Austria?

There will be no action, because the FIA are a joke. Won't let drivers race in the rain due to "safety" yet let cars blast through double waved yellows at 99.9% speed. Idiots.

From Sky's website:

The FIA have, handily, printed out a sheet containing the exact regulation about yellow flags and handed it to the written media here in Budapest.
Here's the distinction between a single and double-waved yellow flag. Remember, the Rosberg incident relates to the latter.

Single waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake, and be prepared to change direction. There is a hazard beside or partly on the track

Double waved: Reduce your speed significantly, do not overtake, and be prepared to change direction or stop. There is a hazard wholly or partly blocking the track and/or marshals working on or beside the track.

So, the key word to all of this appears to be 'significantly'...

Also Ricciardo, Vestappen, Hulk, Checo and Bottas were all outside the 107% rule in Q1. The grid may change a fair bit by lights out :D

Back
Top Bottom