Hungarian Grand Prix 2016, Budapest - Race 11/21

Masterful pole position? Really?

His only real rival was forced to slow down by a couple of seconds in the sector after going 4 tenths faster in sector 1

:eek:Purple sector in a double waved yellow, but a blip of the throttle means its OK?

Screw you FIA. People die when they abuse double yellows. Grow some balls.

Hulkenburgs tiny blip in Austria was just as much a joke

:eek:Purple sector in a double waved yellow, but a blip of the throttle means its OK?

Screw you FIA. People die when they abuse double yellows. Grow some balls.

Hulkenburgs tiny blip in Austria was just as much a joke

That .5 mph cut from his speed will make all the difference.:o

On a more serious note don't double yellows mean be prepared to stop?

I think his reaction is the same as usual and is part of why I can't stand Rosberg, he saw the double yellow passed basically everyone who had clearly slowed down and backed out, he knew he only got pole because of that but is acting like big time Charlie.

Hmm, to me Di Resta showing the sequence of corners all under waved yellows he didn't look like he lifted at all, he just lifted a little for the corner which he would do anyway. Fastest through several corners under waved yellows but gets pole anyway? Can't see how the hell that can stand.

I just hate his celebration as if he was the best. I don't know why this clown annoys me so much. I never liked him whilst he was racing against Webber either

He is annoying. But you have to bear in mind that these drivers desperately want to be the world's best, the world driving champion. That's what they're risking their lives for. And they don't care how it happens as long as it does.

On a more serious note don't double yellows mean be prepared to stop?

Yup.

FIA Sporting Regulations - Appendix H said:

b) Yellow flag: This is a signal of danger and should be shown to drivers in two ways with the following meanings: – Single waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction. There is a hazard beside or partly on the track. – Double waved: Reduce your speed, do not overtake and be prepared to change direction or stop. There is a hazard wholly or partly blocking the track. Yellow flags should normally be shown only at the marshals’ post immediately preceding the hazard. In some cases however the Clerk of the Course may order them to be shown at more than one marshals’ post preceding an incident. Overtaking is not permitted between the first yellow flag and the green flag displayed after the incident. Yellow flags should not be shown in the pit lane unless there is an incident of which the driver should be made aware.

Wouldn't surprise me if the stewards take a look at that.

They should, Sky are pushing the 'obviously lifted' angle from Ted there, Horner raised his eyebrows at that. He didn't lift, he slowed for corners because people slow for corners or you know, go off track. He didn't at all obviously lift and I don't know how Sky are saying that.

Even with the rules stated above, if you take into account past history in regards to Rosberg he will wont be penalized.

The problem is Mercedes won't contest it so that leaves the rest of them. And do they really care that much to go to he effort of asking the stewards about it?

Back
Top Bottom