Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2017, Budapest - Race 11/20

Rate the 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V F

V F

Soldato
Haha, ok. If you think that makes it okay. They should have swapped long before then.

If Verstappen had kept up and been within 0.5s into that corner instead of the 1+ second there would have been problems.

...but it is what it is.

Soldato
A race only made slightly more interesting by Vettel's steering issue. Terrible otherwise - actually still pretty terrible anyway.

Credit to Hamilton for giving the place back, and to Bottas for giving it up in the first place. I thought the gap was sufficiently big, and Verstappen suitably close enough for them to call off the switch back.

Alonso on the deck chair again under the podium celebrations. Awesome. Though I am worrying that this is the sort of thing they might do if they know Alonso is leaving F1... why else do this sort of thing? The rumours increasing of Renault being after other drivers (Ocon, Kubica, Rowland) might add weight to that, as a few weeks back Alonso to Renault was being touted as almost a done deal.

Man of Honour
That was the usual borefest that Hungary is. Tracks like this and Monaco need to go and they need to do something about the rules too as the changes that came in this year have made it one of the dullest years I can remember. Yes there is more than 1 driver and team in the running for the championship but there is little action on the track. It's supposed be a race not follow the leader.

Gave it 1/10, hardly any overtaking at all on this terrible track.

Last edited:
Soldato
That was the usual borefest that Hungary is. Tracks like this and Monaco need to go and they need to do something about the rules too as the changes that came in this year have made it one of the dullest years I can remember. Yes there is more than 1 driver and team in the running for the championship but there is little action on the track. It's supposed be a race not follow the leader.

Yep it was pretty much all aboard the Vettle train today.

Soldato
3/10 for me, not exciting in any way, and i have always really hated this track, didnt bother watching Qualifying, had the race on in the background as i serviced the pivot bearings on my DH bike.
However nice race by Alonso well chuffed for him and his fastest lap. Nice sportsmanship from Lewis to give back that place, especially with the risk of Max behind, lets just hope that the championship isn't decided by those points.

Soldato
Vettel didn't deserve the win. Slower than the cars behind him and only won because you can't overtake on that track

and???? that's why Qualifying matters in these tracks

The difference being Hamilton was dominating at Silverstone setting lap times no one else could match.

Seb today was seconds of the pace yet there was no risk anyone would get past him as the track is ****, the sport too in its current form.

he had steering issues tbf

Caporegime
Race wise it was boring as hell, why is such a boring track still on the calendar??

And no not bitter that Lewis didn't win, he had no chance because of where he qualified.

Vettel had it so so easy.

Like I said **** boring track, gets a vetteltastic 1 finger from me:p

Back
Top Bottom