Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2017, Budapest - Race 11/20

Rate the 2017 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Watching this race reminded me why I usually just catch the highlights. Alonso getting the fastest lap and doing the summer break/deck-chair/meme at the end was by far the best part.

Track itself can lead to some good racing, but not with these cars. So dull.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I think some people rate the race based on who won, rather than the excitement value. Based on the latter it was awful.

For the sake of consistency I've reset the votes and added the extra votes. Go for it ;)

Soldato
Just caught upon the race. Not great when faster cars can't even get close to attempting an overrated.

Shows how much off their top pace 2nd and 3rd were when alonso gets fastest lap.

Voted 2. Cars where lapping close but nothing was going to happen.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think some people rate the race based on who won, rather than the excitement value. Based on the latter it was awful.

For the sake of consistency I've reset the votes and added the extra votes. Go for it ;)

That is pretty natural though depending who you support?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Likewise voting 1 when your favourite driver doesn't win :)
Completely agree. I've always made the votes public so that people can see who the bias ones are. By in large the average votes are bang-on but there always seems to be the odd one or two that vote in the extreme because of their personal preferences.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Ooops!

I've gone eight. It wasn't fantastic but it wasn't the dullest. There was drama and a bit tense once Lewis charged down the Ferraris and Max on Bottas. I already knew it wasn't an overtaking track so didn't go in expected too much.

V F

V F

Soldato

Some people just like a wind up. :D

Soldato
Well that's twice this season Ferrari have screwed Kimi out of a win. Real shame. I'm glad Hamilton showed his class today and let Bottas back through.

Also a little annoyed at Verstappen's penalty. Sure, the move was clumsy, but didn't deserve that penalty. We've seen far worse happen in T1 in other races that wasn't penalised because the cars drove away. Even Kvyat's torpedo was penalised in Silverstone for unsafe rejoin - not for driving in to Sainz.

Plus, as a result of the penalty, Hamilton was held also held up for 15 laps by a car that was technically behind him.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually enjoyed this race. Perhaps because I watched in the pub with a curry and fires, then brownie and ice cream, then a beer.

Awesome work by Alonso. I was watching the lap times and he was banging in 1.20s while Vettel was holding everyone else up in the 1:21s.

Decent job by PDR too. Never liked him a Force India, he used to moan more than Palmer, and wasn't IMO as quick as Hulk, but he's matured a bit now.

Back
Top Bottom