Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2018, Budapest - Race 12/21

Rate the 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Bottas' car is not suddenly going to disappear. He was struggling with tyres and traction, he was never going to make the corner at that speed. Silly of him. Equally stupid was Vettel thinking that he's not going to lock up, he could clearly see his tyres were shot. Everyone was taking a medium line around that corner, Vettel was just too impatient. It was inevitable with him taking that line that Bottas was going to collide

Bottas only locks up after Vettel destroys his front wing. Not much reason to think he'd have failed to make the corner otherwise.

Caporegime
Yeh but put yourself in Vettels shoes. Would you really want to risk it knowing the championship is at stake? That's why I think it was silly, just give him more room, take a wider line and the greater traction will easily put him ahead into the next corner.

Oh year, I agree on that. Vettel has the position, all he needed to do was hold a wider line and he'd have been well ahead after the sequence of corners. Hitting Bottas was not only clumsy, it was also foolish. On another day he could easily have destroyed his rear tyre and lost 3 or 4 or even more positions as he struggled back to the pits.

Caporegime
Oh year, I agree on that. Vettel has the position, all he needed to do was hold a wider line and he'd have been well ahead after the sequence of corners. Hitting Bottas was not only clumsy, it was also foolish. On another day he could easily have destroyed his rear tyre and lost 3 or 4 or even more positions as he struggled back to the pits.

Could easily have been a DNF

Soldato
LOL @ people trying to blame Seb and suggest he hit Bottas.....they probably blamed Bottas for the France crash then yeah.....lol

Soldato
I'm struggling to understand how the race got such good ratings of 4/5/6. It was terrible! The only interesting thing at all was Ricciardo coming through the field and the cumulative 10 seconds of action at the end. I thought I was being kind by giving it a three.

My opinion on the Vettel/Bottas matter was the move was done, and as such it was Bottas who tried a desperate move on the inside in the hope that Vettel would leave room. I can see the argument from the other side too, but there's no way Bottas could have repassed Vettel in that way on that corner without contact.

It was an aggressive move by Vettel, and silly not to leave some more room, but the move by Bottas was out of desperation, clumsy and was never going to come off.

Those saying Bottas just understeered into Ricciardo are ignoring the fact that he could have just braked earlier. He had three laps to understand how much understeer he had, and should have reacted accordingly.

I like Bottas, and think he's generally had a good but unlucky season, but he went from a superb defensive drive with no mistakes to a bit desperate yesterday. He was lucky to finish fifth.

Caporegime
I'm struggling to understand how the race got such good ratings of 4/5/6. It was terrible! The only interesting thing at all was Ricciardo coming through the field and the cumulative 10 seconds of action at the end. I thought I was being kind by giving it a three.

Strategy was varied and interesting. There was passing for position at the top. There wasn't a huge amount of track battle, but there was a lot going on, and it was interesting from a more cerebral viewpoint. Decent race, imo.

My opinion on the Vettel/Bottas matter was the move was done, and as such it was Bottas who tried a desperate move on the inside in the hope that Vettel would leave room. I can see the argument from the other side too, but there's no way Bottas could have repassed Vettel in that way on that corner without contact.

What move from Bottas? He holds his position into the corner - as he's completely entitled to do - and Vettel drives over his front wing. You're supposed to actually pass another car before pulling into their space; Vettel didn't bother.

Those saying Bottas just understeered into Ricciardo are ignoring the fact that he could have just braked earlier. He had three laps to understand how much understeer he had, and should have reacted accordingly.

Exactly. His car was damaged but that doesn't excuse sliding into another driver like that. It wasn't like it was the first corner he was missing his wing and it caught him by surprise.

Soldato
What move from Bottas? He holds his position into the corner - as he's completely entitled to do - and Vettel drives over his front wing. You're supposed to actually pass another car before pulling into their space; Vettel didn't bother..

LOL......Would you blame Bottas for the crash in France? Guess you also blame Lewis for the crash with Kimi at Silverstone.....

Caporegime
I'm struggling to understand how the race got such good ratings of 4/5/6. It was terrible!

4 , 5 and 6 is not good!?

I rated it a 5. It wasn't completely empty of interest. The tyre strategy was interesting due to the wet qualifying and stuff did happen (Vettel almost ending his race again, Bottas getting silly with Ric etc).

It wasn't great by any means but it was easily a fairly average F1 race.

Soldato
No. Vettel locked up and crashed into the back of Bottas in France. Here, Vettel collided with Bottas who was still alongside him. Not the same thing. Even Vettel understood this since he apologised to Bottas for France.

So Bottas locking up and hitting Vettel is different?

Back
Top Bottom