Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2018, Budapest - Race 12/21

Rate the 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Three weeks until the next race, not even worth living anymore :(

Come watch V8 Supercars next weekend then! Sydney Supernight 300 - just happens to air on Sunday morning at about 10.20am. Fully lit night race at Sydney Motorsport Park (fka Eastern Creek Raceway). Should be a cracker with a tight chamionship race too! :)

Soldato
Nah still wide open. Next two tracks are Spa and then Monza. Both should be easy pickings for Ferrari with their power advantage.

Yeah I dunno why people think it's already won, results can change in a moment and most likely will over the 2nd half of the season. Like you say Spa and Monza should be good for Ferrari as well as Singapore. Hoping it's still close at Singapore as I'm going to watch that race live :)

Interesting fact, last year Hamilton was 24 points behind Vettel, this time it's the other way around :D

Soldato
Yeah I dunno why people think it's already won, results can change in a moment and most likely will over the 2nd half of the season. Like you say Spa and Monza should be good for Ferrari as well as Singapore. Hoping it's still close at Singapore as I'm going to watch that race live :)

Interesting fact, last year Hamilton was 24 points behind Vettel, this time it's the other way around :D

I don’t think it’s already won, I just think there’s a good chance he’s going to win, so do the bookies.

Transmission breaker
Don
Vettel very lucky not to get penalised, drove right over Bottas’ nose..
Bottas on Ric was a slam dunk penalty, looked to me like he just left it out there to cause contact. Lucky to just get what he got imho.

Caporegime
I think so. However, Vettel doesn't think 24 points is that bad and said there's still a long way to go. It would only take Hamilton to DNF in Spa and Vettel to win it to go 1 point in the lead. Unlikely, but could happen.

It'll go to the wire, I think. Ferrari have the better car; Mercedes have the better driver. It'll be interesting to see who comes out best.

Caporegime
Vettel really needs to stop making amateur mistakes. He was incredibly lucky not to get a puncture after coming across and making contact with Bottas today. He very easily could have thrown another 18 points in the bin.

Soldato
Ferrari have been quite clever in the development of their car; they seem to have focused on getting the car off the line and storing/deploying energy for overtakes and quali.

Even if the merc outdoes Ferrari in quali, their second trick is launching off the line or attacking in the first few corners. These are the two most pivotal parts of the weekend and they’re exploiting them well. Not that Ferrari haven’t developed elsewhere but nailing these two aspects has brought them well in to play at the front of the field.

Back
Top Bottom