Hydroxycut & Weight loss supplements

Associate
Who here has used this or has any knowledge on the product? I am considering using it to speed up fat loss.

EDIT:

Looks like the most popular product is Sida Xtreme (what some forum members and I are 'testing' - working for me so far) - Hydroxycut is pants :p

Sida Cordifolia ***** 5 star product (fat loss)

Sida Cordifolia is today the most effective legal fat burner. Sida is a herbal, natural form of the better known ephedrine. To enhance the effects of sida it should be combined with caffeine (herbal form, guarana) and aspirin (herbal form, white willow bark), some products actually contain these. This product works by stimulating the nervous system, creating thermogenesis and also suppressing the appetite. You should experience roughly an extra calorific output of 10% daily on a sufficient dosage. Alongside a good diet its very hard to fail to loose fat stores on this product. Its best to take this product on a morning and pre workout.

Last edited:

PAz

PAz

Soldato
I have read several opinions which have all said Hydroxycut is rubbish, especially since it removed ephedrine from the formula.

Is there any reason you want a caffeine free fat burner? If not, an ECA (ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin) stack is probably the best option.

However no magic pill will help you blast the fat off, it all comes down to cardio work & strict dieting as I'm sure you know.

Soldato
Don't bother with it. As already said, strict diet and a workout are what's needed.

Though Sida Cordifolia & caffeine are a potent stack ( essentially ephedrine but that's banned ) that definately works. Green Tea is also supposed to promote fat loss.

Soldato
It used to work...I dunno if it still works now they took the ephidrine out :o

and there are such things as magic pills.

Soldato
Lt. Manlove said:
So I definately shouldn't bother getting involved with this if I am already exercising and on a strict diet? Just need to get my BF% down a bit.

You may as well...Anything that helps the goal :dunno:

Its not exactly expensive and if it didnt work at all, it wouldnt be on the market.

Once you been doin it for a while you will realise theres a lot of naysayers that bandy round second hand knowledge :o Best bet is to try stuff yourself.

There are certainly better things to use but that doesnt automatically mean hydroxycut doesnt work.

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Do things naturally and properly, you cant cut corners

Why is it cutting corners? Do you use protein? multivits? fish oil?

and whats wrong with cutting corners if it works?

Associate
OP
I'll try and get a mod to rename the title to 'Hydroxycut & Weight loss supplements' - if someone want's to report this as a bad post that would be great ;)

The Ephedrine in the products appears to be highly effective with a medium risk.

The side effects vary apparently:
  • Increased body heat
  • Increased heart rate
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Appetite suppressant

I'll take the risk that because I am a healthy individual and will take the stated dosage that I shouldn't experience any dramatic symptons.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lt. Manlove said:
The Ephedrine in the products appears to be highly effective with a medium risk.
You know when something really works? when there are loads of copy-cat products that follow it's release or products that claim to be even better.

The ephedrine, caffeine, asprin stack is the most effective weight loss supplement ever.... because it actually worked! Most weight loss products advertising claim to be better the the ECA stack, proof in itself how potent it is.

Just be carefull you don't overdo it in the gym when on these products, it's easy to get carried away as you still feel you have lots of energy at the end of your workout, when you'd normally be tired.

Associate
OP
Cheers for the advice Chong, it's certainly becoming clear now about this ECA stack.

I take it if someone worked out heavily whilst on the stack, they would simply lose fat really fast? How would you know where to draw the line in exercise then?

I'm aware of the risks with these drugs but i'll still try it slow and i'll up to the recommended dosage if it all seems fine.

What would you recommend, Hydroxycut or Sida Cordifolia & Caffeine?

Soldato
Always glad to help if I can :)

I haven't tried the new hydroxycut, the old one was basically an ECA stack with other add-ons like Green Tea and guarana. That's why it worked!

Lets look at the ingredients of the new one:

HydroxyTea - 667mg containing;
- Green Tea (leaf) 450mg supplying EGCG 90mg, caffeine 150mg
- Guarana (seed) 227mg supplying caffeine 50mg
HydroxyTrim - 110mg containing;
- L-Carnitine Tartrate 100mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 10mg

This for an RRP of £46 for 150 caps?? ( 2 caps, 3 times a day )

Pffft, WHAT A BIG FAT RIP-OFF!! There's nothing there, Green Tea and guarana? You can get those at a fraction of the price. What's this HydroxyTrim? Well for a start the L-Carnitine is ok but nothing special at all but 100mg per serv is a low amount and Acetyl-L-Carnitine is better.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is essentially an anti-oxidant, but 10mg is again a small amount. You'd be wanting 100mg - 200mg per serv

So you don't get very much at all for your money when you look at it. Looks like a repackaged rip-off living off it's previous reputation :rolleyes:

Sida Cordifolia - 1 cap serv = £19.99 for 200 caps
Green Tea Extract - 200mg - 400mg serv = £5.40 per 100g
Taurine - 1g serv = £2.60 per 100g

200 servings of each would cost you around £30 from www.myprotein.co.uk and this lot would work so much better. I can vouch it works because I use it myself :D

The Taurine is such an under-rated product and so cheap and you'd get your caffeine from the Green Tea aswell as all kinds of other goodness, it's exceptionally good for you ;)

Soldato
Balddog said:
Personally id recommend clenbuterol but youll have a job getting that :o

Lol indeed. :p

Anyway...

I can second the Sida Cordifolia/Green Tea combo that Chong is recommending. Just bare in mind that none of this stuff is a substitue for good diet and exercise. They will help you along but dont expect miracles, you still have to work hard. :)

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
Sida Cordifolia - 1 cap serv = £19.99 for 200 caps
Green Tea Extract - 200mg - 400mg serv = £5.40 per 100g
Taurine - 1g serv = £2.60 per 100g

200 servings of each would cost you around £30 from www.myprotein.co.uk and this lot would work so much better. I can vouch it works because I use it myself :D

The Taurine is such an under-rated product and so cheap and you'd get your caffeine from the Green Tea aswell as all kinds of other goodness, it's exceptionally good for you ;)
Interesting stuff, I know how to lift and i'm fairly big already, but could do with cutting some fat and i've never *really* gotten down to the nitty gritty of the diet side of things.
Ordered the above it'll be interesting to see how it works out :) Cheers for the info.

Associate
OP
GordyR said:
Lol indeed. :p

Anyway...

I can second the Sida Cordifolia/Green Tea combo that Chong is recommending. Just bare in mind that none of this stuff is a substitue for good diet and exercise. They will help you along but dont expect miracles, you still have to work hard. :)

Well if you have no immediate doubt about these products, GordyR, I will happily try them. You are a very well respected member of the forum so your advice in particular is appreciated :)

Soldato
Jagen said:
Interesting stuff, I know how to lift and i'm fairly big already, but could do with cutting some fat and i've never *really* gotten down to the nitty gritty of the diet side of things.
Ordered the above it'll be interesting to see how it works out :) Cheers for the info.

You won't find anything that comes near that stack legally, especially for the money. It's easy to spend a small fortune on so called fat burning supplements as they're so over-hyped and over-priced.

As already said by GordyR, and we all know he knows his apples ;) they're no substitute for a good diet and exercise and they aren't a miracle pill. But they're a damn good "supplement" if you're looking to lose some bodyfat and will give your training a good kick up the backside to boot...
If you're training hard and eating well you'll be suprised how well it works :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom