** HYPER X CLOUD **

Soldato
Put order through for £49.99 with the code and free delivery.
It went all the way through and at the confirmation page went back to £64.99....
Had it make a thread in customer service.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
mine are out for delivery today :) £49.99 delivered.

and this shouldn't have happened. The CS team have been informed not to do it again.

after being informed that it was not possible in this thread, you still tried it on in the CS section.

shame on you tbh.

Associate
and this shouldn't have happened. The CS team have been informed not to do it again.

after being informed that it was not possible in this thread, you still tried it on in the CS section.

shame on you tbh.

Can't really blame him for trying, doesn't make much sense to the customer if they got free shipping on everything they ordered from OcUK for like 5 years or whatever, but then suddenly they need to pay postage now.

I manned up and paid my postage anyway, but yeah I don't really understand why you can't get free shipping on this offer, when you can on practically every other sale price on the website?

It seems like quite a few people chose not to purchase the headset after discovering their free shipping from forums didn't work with it, because they assumed it would be £49.99 for the headset in total.

Postage + VAT on postage takes it up to >£55.

I decided headset would be worth it anyway without free shipping, but the title is a bit confusing / misleading if the customer assumes they are going to get their usual free postage (which most forum users will).

- Shake

Associate
Can't really blame him for trying, doesn't make much sense to the customer if they got free shipping on everything they ordered from OcUK for like 5 years or whatever, but then suddenly they need to pay postage now.

I manned up and paid my postage anyway, but yeah I don't really understand why you can't get free shipping on this offer, when you can on practically every other sale price on the website?

It seems like quite a few people chose not to purchase the headset after discovering their free shipping from forums didn't work with it, because they assumed it would be £49.99 for the headset in total.

I decided headset would be worth it anyway without free shipping, but the title is a bit confusing / misleading if the customer assumes they are going to get their usual free postage (which most forum users will).

- Shake

Thats why i passed on the deal! My budget was £50 tops for an headset.
But to be fair, i did ask quite early on in this thread about the free shipping etc and was told it was free shipping or full price on headset
So people who read this thread 'should' of known this!

Soldato
Need to work on these deals etc this one was really buggy. I got free delivery on mine, but it did go through as 64.99 despite adding discount, had to get difference refunded. Just a hassle all in all. Phones are great though.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP

- Shake

ok

let me try and explain this so you know why we do it this way.

when a manufacturer supports a deal like this, they put some money into it which allows us to sell at a lower price.

what happens is that we take the stock at a lower price through something called a 'sales out allowance' or soa.

The way an soa works is that for every unit sold, we have to report with proof of sales to the vendor who then credit us a fund per unit sold that offsets the loss we make per product and ties up the bottom line at the end of the month to show a profit.

in order for us to hit the price point of 49.99, we are selling at very close to our theoretical cost. theoretical cost is our current cost with the value of the soa taken into account.

in short, this means that until we have a confirmed order, we cant claim that manufacturer money back and we sell at pretty much our cost.

The reason we have voucher codes is because whilst we do have a significant number of customers using the forums who qualify for free shipping, there are a lot more customers who don't have free shipping.

to these customers, a discount of £15 off RRP is more significant than a free shipping code and in honesty, it still provides forum members with a discount better than free shipping anyway.

essentially, a discount code like this appeals to all, rather than just being a forum specific marketing activity.

In this instance, when free shipping is applied, and we sell at close to cost, even with the SOA accounted for, it means we make a loss.

the other problem with stuff like this is that the pricing is sensitive and will cause issues for the manufacturer with other resellers.

if an OcUK competitor saw this thread and complained to hyper X that OcUK were selling at a discounted rate as well as offering free shipping, then hyper x will simply not do these sort of offers or promotions any more.

put simply, you cant have your cake and eat it. This is a superb offer and a decent discount.
people pulling stunts like this goes against the spirit of the offer and is purely a selfish move. especially after being told in this very thread it was not possible.

Misleading title.

the price is 49.99 though. it doesnt mention delivery costs because they are not factored into the cost.

I have explained the reasoning why this is the case.

Need to work on these deals etc this one was really buggy. I got free delivery on mine, but it did go through as 64.99 despite adding discount, had to get difference refunded. Just a hassle all in all. Phones are great though.

you arent supposed to get free delivery on the deal though. its not buggy, the cart software is designed to allow either free shipping or voucher discount.

Associate
Thank you rjkoneill for the explanation and sorry if I have come across as ungrateful. I do understand it’s a good deal, just with some people getting it delivered for £49.99 and some not able to it adds a sting to the value for money some people are getting Vs others (rightly or wrongly).

Will order mine tomorrow and pay for delivery and enjoy my headphones to show my continued support for OCUK and to your honestly (along with the need for some great headphones!)

Thanks

moleh

Soldato
So essentially people deliberately trying it on with CS has upset others and they've cancelled orders.

I would be annoyed too understand why people have cancelled don't understand why others think that we're being unreasonable removing a free shipping perk when we would be losing money.

We quite often disable free shipping on Today only deals if it would cost us too much money aswell. You know being a business and all that.

Soldato
we don't send large items royal mail second class. As they need to be signed for.

You should be able to select a UPS access point and yes you can get them for 49.99 + shipping.

Back
Top Bottom