HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC Problem Thread

Associate
Sorry, DPD and HDNL are usualy quite good though.

DPD for peope without an account offer a service that does not accept monitors larger then 26".

HDNL appear to require an account. So far it looks like parcelforce are the only ones out there, and possibly DHL.

Associate
OP
I noticed something odd (horizontal white stripes that 'leak' out of the browser window) when looking at the lagom.nl page.

It doesn't affect anything in normal use so PLEASE DONT ASSUME THE MONITOR IS BAD BECAUSE OF THIS VIDEO - IT'S JUST A LITTLE 'WEIRD' - SINCE THIS DOESN'T AFFECT TYPICAL USE I DON'T CLASS IT AS A DEFECT

I was just curious if anyone else could replicate this?

I've tried on my other monitors and my laptop and I can't replicate it. I believe it's called crosstalk?

The webpage in the video is here (lagom test page) .
You should be able to replicate the scroll position and window position based on the video.

Last edited:
Associate
I noticed something odd (horizontal white stripes that 'leak' out of the browser window) when looking at the lagom.nl page.

It doesn't affect anything in normal use so PLEASE DONT ASSUME THE MONITOR IS BAD BECAUSE OF THIS VIDEO - IT'S JUST A LITTLE 'WEIRD' - SINCE THIS DOESN'T AFFECT TYPICAL USE I DON'T CLASS IT AS A DEFECT

I was just curious if anyone else could replicate this?

I've tried on my other monitors and my laptop and I can't replicate it. I believe it's called crosstalk?

The webpage in the video is here (lagom test page) .
You should be able to replicate the scroll position and window position based on the video.

The crappy el-cheapo monitor i've got on my desk at work does that if the vga connector isn't exactly in the right place - a quick fiddle with the cable normally sorts it out for a few weeks. However, that will do it in office applications and the internet browser windows

Vir

Vir

Associate
There's more dust gathering under the panel now - it looks pretty terrible TBF.

I think DSR may be the only option since the glass panels are sealed.

Seriously? :/ Just checked mine with a lamp a few seconds before typing this, no dust here, have had it for a few days now...

Soldato
Seriously? :/ Just checked mine with a lamp a few seconds before typing this, no dust here, have had it for a few days now...

Yup, I'm pretty ****ed off with the screen now. Some dust falls down under the glossy panel but there's quite a lot that sticks to it. It is especially visible under a direct light source and my PC is in a very sunny room making it impossible not to notice the unremovable dust.

Best way to check this is to turn off the display, clean whatever dust is on the screen and see from different angles if you can notice any. I have a problem not noticing it looking directly at the screen.

Associate
OP
Krugga, after a few more days of use mine has also got a few extra specs on the inside (compared to the pictures I posted in the first post). Thankfully I work with the curtains closed (on a glossy monitor you have to!) so don't notice it!

Can someone else see if their monitor does the thing you can see in the video I posted in post 107?

Soldato
Krugga, after a few more days of use mine has also got a few extra specs on the inside (compared to the pictures I posted in the first post). Thankfully I work with the curtains closed (on a glossy monitor you have to!) so don't notice it!

Can someone else see if their monitor does the thing you can see in the video I posted in post 107?

I doubt that Hazro will ever allow to take off the glass panel so we might end up with monitors full of annoying dust in a few months :(

Mine doesn't do anything like that on the lagom.nl website.

Associate
I have got the WA monitor.

I can report I have 0 dead pixels but dust is present.

I don't care about it since as Gibbo said you can't really notice it unless you "really try".

What bothers me is a small dust spot behind the screen. I tried to photograph it without success. Its definetely a dust spot of a reasonable size not a small unnoticeable dot.

I wish we could just have the glass removed and then this monitor would be a 10!

With the dust spots its an 8 :(

I am afraid as time goes by we might end up with more dust inside.

HAZRO

Can you guide us on how to safely remove the glass? or would you accept the monitor back for a reasonable charge provided you can professionally remove the glass? This could provide additional revenue I should think as I feel there are many here who find this monitor excellent minus the glass.

Man of Honour

HAZRO

Can you guide us on how to safely remove the glass? or would you accept the monitor back for a reasonable charge provided you can professionally remove the glass? This could provide additional revenue I should think as I feel there are many here who find this monitor excellent minus the glass.

lol, so you want to go to the expense of shipping the screen back to hazro, then pay then for the work, then pay to have it shipped back? just DSR it and go and get a Dell dude

OCP

OCP

Associate
Dell U2711H is not suited for gaming at all.

Why is that? I have one and compared to the old 27inch Dell which had noticable input lag, the U2711 doesn't (I have the A05 version).

From the sounds of things, you're saying the Hazro is more suited for gaming? Or have I missed something?

I've been through a lot of monitors, and the u2711 is just as snappy as any other aswell as the colours are so much better.

Associate
@OCP:

According to http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/hazro_hz27wa.htm#input_lag the Hazro A model is on par with the Dell U2711, but B and especially C model are noticeably snappier (and that comparison is probably the main reason the C model went out of stock so quickly).

I understand U2711 has a "game mode", but apparently it is no good (http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/dell_u2711.htm#input_lag) ...

But then again, reviews might differ. Though what can you do; tftcentral seems to be the only one with a review of the Hazros. And I don't know if the U2711 have improved with latter revisions.

Furthermore, U2711 is wide gamut, and for gaming (and for general use, for that matter) the colors may be slightly off by default. (but some people get used to this)

Associate
I feel there are many here who find this monitor excellent minus the glass.
Please keep the posts coming. We are monitoring these in between builds [still have outstanding 30inch iQs and HZ27Wb orders to settle so apologies for all those that are waiting. The panels in these models are very time consuming to calibrate.

We actually do have a glass free version in these LED models: see below. These were built by Hazro for another licensee OEM last year but can be introduced in the EMEA market. We are in discussion with OCUK to see whether they will be interested in taking these on too. However, we feel the glass complements the panel and adds to the aesthetic properties of the monitor. Dust can certainly be controlled and minimized almost to the point where its never noticeable. However, it cannot be ruled out completely.

without_glass.jpg

As for removing the glass, it isn't advised unless you have access to a class 1 clean room. Simply wiping the glass from the inside in a home/office environment will actually attract more dust.

Back
Top Bottom