HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC Problem Thread

Soldato
My i'll fitting corner, dont know what the black stuff hanging out of it is but dont look too clever and shouldn't have passed qc.

IMAG0020.jpg

I really like the look and feel of this monitor but I know i wouldnt be happy so its going back.

Please Hazro send me a good one and all is forgiven

LOL what the hell!? I would not buy this piece of crap in a million years and I so wanted one.

Associate
There's a difference between encouraging innovation and asking someone to vandalise their monitor.

Hey, we've just invented the airplane.

Great, let me take that to pieces for you.

But what about our 3 year warranty?

Don't worry about it. You'll never need it.

One man's vandalism is another man's art.
The warranty issue is no different to anyone who has ever put an engine chip, exhaust or set of alloys on their car and not informed their insurance company. Millions of cars are being driven around by owners only too aware that their insurance company might not actually pay out, should they be unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, but it is a gamble they are willing to take so they can have a better looking car. Basically the decision is going to be:

1. Wait for Hazro to do nothing.
2. Wait for Hazro to do something.
3. Take a chance, take great care and remove that screen for oneself, ensuring that that glorious screen remains undamaged.

People take monitor trim off all the time and appreciate that the benefits (minimal bezel thickness and sheer fun just doing it) outweigh the risks. Most will understandably choose to play it safe, but I find it surprising someone hasn't had a go yet. But I look forward to seeing the pictures and reading the write-up when they do.

ps the aviation industry QA wouldn't allow this dust issue to happen, but then again you would be looking at 4k plus so things have to be kept in perspective.

Caporegime
One man's vandalism is another man's art.
The warranty issue is no different to anyone who has ever put an engine chip, exhaust or set of alloys on their car and not informed their insurance company. Millions of cars are being driven around by owners only too aware that their insurance company might not actually pay out, should they be unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, but it is a gamble they are willing to take so they can have a better looking car. Basically the decision is going to be:

1. Wait for Hazro to do nothing.
2. Wait for Hazro to do something.
3. Take a chance, take great care and remove that screen for oneself, ensuring that that glorious screen remains undamaged.

People take monitor trim off all the time and appreciate that the benefits (minimal bezel thickness and sheer fun just doing it) outweigh the risks. Most will understandably choose to play it safe, but I find it surprising someone hasn't had a go yet. But I look forward to seeing the pictures and reading the write-up when they do.

ps the aviation industry QA wouldn't allow this dust issue to happen, but then again you would be looking at 4k plus so things have to be kept in perspective.

If that's your attitude I'd hate to be in an accident involving your car.

You missed the most important option:

4. Send it back.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tbh I checked out a Hazro 30" B-Grade at OcUK before I got my HP ZR30W and must admit I found the build quality to be rather poor. It was like night and day compared to the HP, so glad I made the right choice there!

I don't think all of them are like that, must be hit & miss but they def need to sort their QC it seems

Associate
If that's your attitude I'd hate to be in an accident involving your car.

You missed the most important option:

4. Send it back.

I have never once modified any car. In my view it would be madness to expose one's self to the huge sums of money an accident costs, but millions of others choose not to follow suit. To the relatively small audience that my challenge was aimed at, £400 won't break the bank and will be viewed as an adequate risk when put against the personal satisfaction of trying to solve this engineering dilemma. As for the rest, of course, there was always option 4., which I humbly apologise for ignoring. I'm pretty sure that others have already started trying to remove their screens and just haven't said for fear of ridicule by forumites if things didn't go to plan. They may come forward and tell us, which I'm sure they will if things go well, or they may not come forward at all if it goes pearshaped (though a brave man still might). Time will tell.

Soldato
My experience of my THIRD Hazro in 2 weeks

IMG_20140415_180900.jpg

IMG_20140415_180642.jpg

Second one has LED flicker and an entire black area.

Third had the same LED flicker, actually tilting the monitor on the stand caused the LEDs to flicker wildly. Noticed the entire panel had come away from the housing and shifted down 1/2"

It feels like these are being assembled in some guy's shed!!!!!!

Associate
i own DGM for a while. Power supply gone after 3 years. suddenly led stopped working on it, so i had to order replacement power supply.Model is - Power Supply for LCD TV SCHNEIDER 23 "TFT LCD TV TOSHIBA WLT46 24V 7.5A 4 Pin. A180-24v/7.5A
Before to order make sure the live and neutral pins are located same way as your old power brick (my pins are 1+ 2- 3+ 4-)

Back
Top Bottom