• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I feel like buying GPU's is a form of therapy for me... Anyone else?

Soldato
What a scary thread, willing to go into debt for a GPU, boy have things changed again it's personal preference but never in a million years would I encourage or myself whack something on finance for a hobby, I've been gaming since my Vic 20/ C64 days and prefer to game than watch a movie, I guess it's a case of horse for courses.

I completely agree.

Soldato
Never crossed my mind to finance do the same for TV / mobile prefer sim only deals even that's 1 month rolling, I consider it luxury item / hobby for what I use the computer for if I can't buy it out right I won't buy it and not have to think about the payments going forward , also I don't know how long I would be keeping it and wanting to upgrade

Last edited:
Soldato
What a scary thread, willing to go into debt for a GPU, boy have things changed again it's personal preference but never in a million years would I encourage or myself whack something on finance for a hobby, I've been gaming since my Vic 20/ C64 days and prefer to game than watch a movie, I guess it's a case of horse for courses.

When I've been short of cash in the past I'd go for a used card rather a new one. There are more important things to spend money on...

Soldato
I always used to think that the financially privileged bought high end cards like 3080/3090 along with £1000 iPhones and top brand jeans etc. After reading this thread, I've realised that people with less money than me are living WAY beyond their means. Paying things off in monthly installments with their flexible friend. I'm shocked.

Last edited:
Associate
I always used to think that the financially privileged bought high end cards like 3080/3090 along with £1000 iPhones and top brand jeans etc. After reading this thread, I've realised that people with less money than me are living WAY beyond their means. Paying things off in monthly installments with their flexible friend. I'm shocked.
it's pretty eye opening isn't it. Then again this generation has really shown that enthusiasts will literally pay whatever companies demand just to get their hands on new things

Associate

Don't worry about it, it's sound financial advice! :cry::cry:

That was the point I was making, GPU is a luxury item and not something any sensible person would finance.

Associate
OP
I'm actually on benefits and took the £1250 out on 0% finance to get the card. Everybody thinks they can afford their payment plan until they can't afford their payment plan. Yes you could say I'm living way beyond my means... ;)

Soldato
I'm actually on benefits and took the £1250 out on 0% finance to get the card. Everybody thinks they can afford their payment plan until they can't afford their payment plan. Yes you could say I'm living way beyond my means... ;)

Someone on the dole is eligible for 0% finance? Who is this this magic bean lender?

Soldato
0% finance can be used to your advantage if you're smart. I wouldn't advocate it for a rapidly depreciating asset though. The big issue these days is lenders that will lend to anyone. Based on current lending criteria we could have borrowed another £200k to move house but there's no way I want to spend the rest of my life paying that off! Five years and the current small mortgage is paid off, I'll have a lot more cash to save/play with after that.

Soldato

I admire your honesty. It's done now anyway, guess benefits payment is sort of guaranteed, so as long as you make the payments before the usual (2yrs) of 0% So ~£52 a month then you wont pay any interest. Maybe you don't drink/smoke. You're a skinny racing snake that doesn't eat much. You don't feel the cold so minimize heating expenses, though the card makes a good room heater at full tilt. If you are affording it and you are sensible then it's better than p*****g it up the wall. Can always sell it if things changed financially. Hopefully you'll gain some employment anyway. Enjoy your beast of a card.

Soldato
Easy to get a 0% credit card with a £1500 limit wont be that hard to get. Couple of years ago there were loads of 36 month cards at 0% on purchases. Credit card is a must for online expensive purchases as it has added protection.

Very true I used one whilst on furlough to get the garden done. Unplanned spend but I was being paid to remodel my garden, seemed too good an opportunity to pass up. *Insert swear word* hard work though!

Soldato
It's all financed then old card is sold to put towards monthly payments of the new one.

That's how you get the best of the best. I manage to do this and i'm not even working. Yes my bank is constantly overdrawn but at-least I have fun with the latest cool tech :D
You absolute mad lad! You must love those extra frames! All the best, though.

Associate
OP
Someone on the dole is eligible for 0% finance? Who is this this magic bean lender?

My best friend... Her name is Klarna :D

There's no magic lender. He's just trolling for attention. Trying to make people gasp at his ridiculous claims.

Shows how little you know :cry:

I admire your honesty. It's done now anyway, guess benefits payment is sort of guaranteed, so as long as you make the payments before the usual (2yrs) of 0% So ~£52 a month then you wont pay any interest. Maybe you don't drink/smoke. You're a skinny racing snake that doesn't eat much. You don't feel the cold so minimize heating expenses, though the card makes a good room heater at full tilt. If you are affording it and you are sensible then it's better than p*****g it up the wall. Can always sell it if things changed financially. Hopefully you'll gain some employment anyway. Enjoy your beast of a card.

It's actually 10 monthly payments of £125. I also have other things that i've financed like a private number plate :p

You absolute mad lad! You must love those extra frames! All the best, though.

Thanks!!! I could do with some Xenons for my Audi V6.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Uhm I doubt he is trolling, my credit score is generally sub par yet I can loan 3k working, if this person has never missed a payment then that matters much more.
They do also ask you what your outgoing money is upon applying.

Also Klarna is excellent for building your credit score, I use it on small purchases, my score on clearscore went from 195 to 788 since using it since it came out.

Associate
OP
Uhm I doubt he is trolling, my credit score is generally sub par yet I can loan 3k working, if this person has never missed a payment then that matters much more.
They do also ask you what your outgoing money is upon applying.

Yep I made up a rough figure of my income then said I was a student with no outgoing. Was delighted when they accepted me for a £1250 GPU. Felt like getting free stuff tbh :p

Also Klarna is excellent for building your credit score, I use it on small purchases, my score on clearscore went from 195 to 788 since using it since it came out.

Definitely is. My credit score is about 550. I can't get finance with anyone accept Klarna.

Back
Top Bottom