I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
It is quite annoying because you think you have the nozzle low enough to the bed, but when you do a print with Repetier Host its miles out, so you need to have all the numbers in the -0.300 area or its too high up from the bed in Repetier Host, and the z offset doesn't work in Repetier Host either.

I cant be bothered doing the bed levelling with every print, because the numbers are never the same twice anyway, so you don't know if you have it spot on or not. But at the moment my prints are coming out ok, and at last I have got the stuff to stick to the bed, not perfect tho, as small supports and stuff still work there way loose and come unstuck from the bed even using a lot of brim..

But why cant this printer print small stuff well, because when things get small, the layers move about while its doing the top layer, if that makes sense?

Soldato
It is quite annoying because you think you have the nozzle low enough to the bed, but when you do a print with Repetier Host its miles out, so you need to have all the numbers in the -0.300 area or its too high up from the bed in Repetier Host, and the z offset doesn't work in Repetier Host either.

I cant be bothered doing the bed levelling with every print, because the numbers are never the same twice anyway, so you don't know if you have it spot on or not. But at the moment my prints are coming out ok, and at last I have got the stuff to stick to the bed, not perfect tho, as small supports and stuff still work there way loose and come unstuck from the bed even using a lot of brim..

But why cant this printer print small stuff well, because when things get small, the layers move about while its doing the top layer, if that makes sense?

It can do small stuff. If the layers move then a belt is to tight or to lose\slipping. You would be better reading https://forum.voltivo.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=124
all 3d printers print the same way. It's up to read up on the printer and how to fix things.

If you run the auto level twice and the numbers are not near enough(like the video). Then something is lose\wrong.
I used simplyfi3d which made my life easier. Also I checked each STL to make sure they didn't need fixing.
Maybe 3D printing is not for you?

edit= I use a BLTouch to level my printer out every time.

Soldato
Well I'm backing another on Kickstarter but I may drop that and go full custom build, but that will have to wait until my man cave is finished :).

Check out the D-Bot on facebook. The things the guys there are coming up with is just awesome.
One guy has just done a Y adapter for his extruder. Now he prints with 2 colours, one hotend.

I did look at the Titan upgrade for mine but I would need to find a new place for my BLTouch. Which won't be easy.

Anyone know of a reputable place to get a decent heated bed from? One side of mine is considerably cooler than the other, which has been causing me now end of annoyance with print warping.

Seems 300x200mm heated beds are becoming rather scarce for some reason. :(

Soldato
Anyone know of a reputable place to get a decent heated bed from? One side of mine is considerably cooler than the other, which has been causing me now end of annoyance with print warping.

Seems 300x200mm heated beds are becoming rather scarce for some reason. :(

http://www.reprap.me/pcb300.html I tried those heated beds but they was to slow to heat up for me.

That's why I bought a Keenovo to place under it for heating(see D-Bot thread)
which is a 220V 600W one and it comes with it's own control box.

Man of Honour
wow impressed with this review. Imagine what it could do with a decent extrude and a heated bed, cant believe its so cheap. looks like a great cheap test printer to see if its something you would ant to get into more, or if it would be a hobby you pint a few times then stick in the cupbaord. I want one, but cant at the moment.

Soldato
wow impressed with this review. Imagine what it could do with a decent extrude and a heated bed, cant believe its so cheap. looks like a great cheap test printer to see if its something you would ant to get into more, or if it would be a hobby you pint a few times then stick in the cupbaord. I want one, but cant at the moment.

I heard about this on HotUK. It looks very good printer for the money.

Associate
I've got a clone of the first one, does what I need and as Deuse says I don't need more height and I'd have to design a new fan duct etc.

I'm going to be changing that soon anyway for the new Printrbot extruder so why waste money.

J.

Caporegime
Also looking to start doing this. I've always wanted to do it but never bitten the bullet.

As a few others I have no direct experience with 3d printing.

Would rather an off the shelf version.

I was looking at the Bcn3d 2017.
But concerned of reviews are genuine. The price is OK. I'd rather not go higher.

Any other recommendations?

Soldato
Also looking to start doing this. I've always wanted to do it but never bitten the bullet.

As a few others I have no direct experience with 3d printing.

Would rather an off the shelf version.

I was looking at the Bcn3d 2017.
But concerned of reviews are genuine. The price is OK. I'd rather not go higher.

Any other recommendations?

If you want off the shelf printer remember that you are stuck with them for parts etc..
But if you want to build one yourself then a D-Bot is the best one to pick.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/d-bot-creation-thread.18738054/

I've just watched the bed level video(Bcn3d 2017). Can't believe they still do it like that.
My D-Bot has got full AUTO bed levelling. No need to turn nuts :)

Last edited:
Associate
So it's a little quiet around here? What's everyone up to?

I'm currently (for a while now) clear a space for my personal maker space, been printing a few odd bits including a mini snes case for a retropie set up, unfortunately the person who asked for it got impatient and got something off the bay :rolleyes:.

As a result I asked if I could sell it via the MM, the answer was no but I found out I could sell a 3D printer via the MM if I ever needed to.

J.

Back
Top Bottom