1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Pinter75, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Darryn

Mobster

I received a Febtop Tech Optimus 3d printer/CNC milling machine this week, which I bought through Indiegogo, a few teething problems getting it setup but the 3d printer side of things has been very good so far, I've already designed a few upgrades and mods.

2. bulb66

Wise Guy

That sounds cool, got any pictures/video of it? I want a CNC machine.

J.

3. deuse

Capodecina

I'm thinking of selling my D-Bot. I've lost interest in 3D printing now. It was great while it lasted.

4. wywywywy

Gangster

How much are you thinking?

5. deuse

Capodecina

It won't be cheap as it's got lots of extras. I will PM you when I decide but it will be pick up only.

6. randal

Capodecina

Sad to say I have too, I loved building it but the constant tinkering and tuning left me a little cold. Plus I could really do with the desk space back. That said when it's on form it doesn't half knock out some good prints.

That said I've considered picking up a Prusa i3 MK2, smaller footprint and by all accounts much less tinkering required.

7. bulb66

Wise Guy

I'm still loving 3D Printing, I'm no longer making video for YouTube but that's a personal choice.

Here are some of my recent prints,

MiniSNES Pi case
    [​IMG]

RetroPi Zero NES Cart

[​IMG]

Polymaker Polysher print

[​IMG]

I AM GROOT

[​IMG]

J

8. Glaucus

Man of Honour

anyone seen the formlabs fuse printer, £12k ish but omg its amazing, wonder how long before we see drop in price for that.

9. murah

Wise Guy

Hi all looking for someone with a 3D Printer to help me. I need a small plastic clip printed for a project sadly lost one of the two during a move but I still have one of them, is it possible to "scan" the original and make a copy ? This clip held a fluorescent bulb in place I don't think the bulb got too hot really but would there be a best type of plastic to print it with when concerning temperature?

Don't have my own Printer but would be happy to pay for someone to help me out send me a trust

10. Diddums

Capodecina

Post a photo of the clip. We have all kinds of lamp holders and clips at work :)

11. Phil2008

Soldato

Your not giving up 3d printing matey? Since you have given me your 3d printer, yeah its been a right pain to get things printing well, but I have got their at last I think. I am printing all sorts of things for myself and other people and they are turning out ok now 90% of the time.

I think Just having a 3d printer is really useful as you can print out parts for stuff, like at the moment Im printing out some "slanted speaker stands" for myself and mum wants me to print some pots for her pens and stuff. Its just a shame it takes so long to print, as most of my prints take 6-10hrs.