I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Soldato
I wouldn’t bother personally, just make sure you’ve got a thin spatula to remove prints from the bed. I use some tapered ones that go from 0.3mm at the tip to 0.7 at the handle so it gently lifts the part from the bed.

Soldato
I wouldn’t bother personally, just make sure you’ve got a thin spatula to remove prints from the bed. I use some tapered ones that go from 0.3mm at the tip to 0.7 at the handle so it gently lifts the part from the bed.
You get one with it.

I use a glass sheet with Insette hairspray, ten minutes in the freezer and they just fall off :D

Are there any essential upgrades needed for Ender 3 ? Got mine arriving on Monday so would rather be clued up so I can get it as perfect as soon as possible

No essential mods.

I do recommend joining the Ender 3 Facebook groups, loads of helpful people and links to slicer profiles.

Soldato
Caved and ordered one, should be here Tuesday. Looking forward to much stress and hair-pulling.

At £150 you really can't go wrong, even if you want to get shot of it you'll struggle to lose more than £30-40.

Get Cura downloaded and use the CR-10 profile, making sure to modify the bed sizes in X / Y / Z to match the size of the ender build platform. This assumes Cura doesn't yet have a profile for the Ender.

This is the reason why I love the spatula's linked above.. You can get them right under a nightmare print and they very slowly lift it off the platform. Once you have 1mm of the tip under you're almost guaranteed to get the whole thing off.

HPkErtu.jpg

Associate
My new toy should be arriving in the next few days to, not a 3d printer this time but a CNC, I thought with my new job I should probably have one to play around with.

Of course if Kudo3D ever sort out a cheaper shipping method, I'll be getting my resin printer too.

Soldato
At £150 you really can't go wrong, even if you want to get shot of it you'll struggle to lose more than £30-40.

Get Cura downloaded and use the CR-10 profile, making sure to modify the bed sizes in X / Y / Z to match the size of the ender build platform. This assumes Cura doesn't yet have a profile for the Ender.

This is the reason why I love the spatula's linked above.. You can get them right under a nightmare print and they very slowly lift it off the platform. Once you have 1mm of the tip under you're almost guaranteed to get the whole thing off.

HPkErtu.jpg

Just get one of these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074XG1NDM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Every filament I've tried sticks to it. And the print will just lift off by hand .

My new toy should be arriving in the next few days to, not a 3d printer this time but a CNC, I thought with my new job I should probably have one to play around with.

Of course if Kudo3D ever sort out a cheaper shipping method, I'll be getting my resin printer too.

A CNC starter thread ?

Soldato
Soldato
Glass mirror and Insette for me. Then remove, freezer for 5-10m and Comes straight off by hand. Quick reapply of hairspray over the area where the parts were and good to go again.

Anyone have a laser on their printer?

Associate
I've used most of the print surface options out there, but still love blue tape, lol.

I've got a laser attachment for my printer, what you want to know?

Once my CNC arrives I'll make a new thread, but in what forum?

J.

Soldato
I've used most of the print surface options out there, but still love blue tape, lol.

I've got a laser attachment for my printer, what you want to know?

Once my CNC arrives I'll make a new thread, but in what forum?

J.
Is it a just a matter of plug and play? What software do you use?

Creality have one listed on their site just waiting to see if Ender 3 compatible.

Associate
Soldato
This is the one I use https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...655.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.37a34c4dRu5o1B

My last YouTube video I talk about connecting the laser to the printer, I'll be doing a video on software soon(ish).

I use this app which was made for the Prusa MK3 size bed but works for any size if you get the placement right. https://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Engraving-on-Your-Prusa-MK3/
Nice video :) interested in the Dremel add-on.

This is the official one https://technologyoutlet.co.uk/products/creality-3d-laser-engraver-module-upgrade seems to attach to the hot end via magnets so no need to remove anything and uses software called 'laser grave'. Only 500mW though.

Soldato
I've got a question - if I use Cura to slice a model and set print speed, initial layer print speed, fan speed etc - I'm not sure these instructions are being carried out by my Ender 3. Does it carry over?

i.e if I set speed to 60mm/sec in Cura, do I just leave the Ender at 100? Does that mean 100% of the Cura-specified speed, or does it mean 100mm/sec?

Can't find an answer anywhere!

Man of Honour
Normally if you don't make any adjustments on the printer it will go by the gcode file - within its limits. Not sure about the Ender but the print speed setting on there is probably a percentage or multiplier rather than the mm/s unless it states that.

Soldato
Normally if you don't make any adjustments on the printer it will go by the gcode file - within its limits. Not sure about the Ender but the print speed setting on there is probably a percentage or multiplier rather than the mm/s unless it states that.

You’re right, I think I was getting panicky and changing settings myself, once I left it to it I could see it was following the settings from cura. Thanks :)

Associate
For anyone interested in what I been doing at Ooznest since I started just a month ago, check out the latest video (Below), You can even enter out competition if you want ;).

J.

Soldato
Is it a just a matter of plug and play? What software do you use?

Creality have one listed on their site just waiting to see if Ender 3 compatible.

What kind of bed would you need for a 500w laser ?

I got my Ender 3 built today, instructions weren't agreeable so had to do some google for certain parts, got the bed leveled and tested ability to print which it does but I started trying to print the test creature that comes on the SD card, I gave up after 45mins because it had only done about 5mm in height ? Do I need to change it in Cura to go faster ? What it did print did look nice though

Back
Top Bottom