I has Sandybridge - Excellent service OCUK

Apparently my Xeon W3520 is 800 points slower than the 920, when it's the same CPU, plus ECC.

Also apparently the W3540 is slower than the Core i7 920, when it has a 266Mhz adv.

Take all those numbers with a pinch of preverbal salt.

@Chuggerboom - Some believe the Xeon chips come off better parts of the die and therefore clock better etc.

There shouldn't be any performance difference at stock between a Xeon W3680 or a Core i7 970X, they are the one and the same, apart from the Xeon accepts ECC for the more critical work environments and a few other small improvements but I don't know what they are.

Do the tests. I have a Q6600 and got 1600 points. It is an old processor so i didn't expect it to break records. Ivy Bridge is what i will be looking to upgrade to next year.

For my Q6600@3Ghz I get cpu mark of 3738.5 lol. But that's cause EIST and C1E were enabled in bios and they affect the maximum performance a cpu can produce plus background processes running. I think i can get higher cpu mark plus passmark rating if I had more physical available memory plus minimised running processes and so on. So many factors come into play and not to mention that it was only at 3Ghz lol.

For my Q6600@3Ghz I get cpu mark of 3738.5 lol. But that's cause EIST and C1E were enabled in bios and they affect the maximum performance a cpu can produce plus background processes running. I think i can get higher cpu mark plus passmark rating if I had more physical available memory plus minimises running processes and so on. So many factors come into play and not to mention that it was only at 3Ghz lol.

I have EIST and C1E disabled. You are a cheater :p

So is this chart below right????

167098_496200051493_659761493_6281140_6292176_n.jpg

OMG you just topped the chart :eek: There will be others coming along though. Your chip at standard clock is 4th on the list.

Nice work :cool:

He just beat the most expensive i7 980X 6 cores 12 threads ! :D

Nope! That one one is running at stock speed 3.6GHz.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom