I hate my Job :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
good on you piggy glad you got out but looks like i may not be here for much longer espicaly with all the **** i can see coming this way well hopefully i will be out of here my self as got a job interview tomorow so fingers crossed i will be on to bigger and better things my self as i dont think i could take another year of nthell support

Associate
Apologies if this is now out of context but have not read entire thread.

I am responsible for an extremely busy Telecoms Tech support desk (1st, 2nd line support and some 3rd line). It is a fine balance between getting calls answered and providing superb customer service.

However, I do not believe you should cap calls to a set time (e.g 10mins). Customers expect to have to wait to get through to support but will understand if it takes time to resolve the problem.

I personally have talked someone through completely reprogramming a crashed system in a call centre - the single call lasted just over 4 hours. In fact during that time I had to explain to the caller I was putting them on hold whilst I went to the loo!! :cool: :p

Yes, a superb level of customer service and an extremely grateful customer but people were struggling to get through.

At the end of the day you can only follow your companies policies

JB

Last edited:
Soldato
I've followed this thread but not contributed...sounds to me you have done the best thing Piggy.

Your health and sanity come first, over any job. And it means you will be closer to your man!

All the best :)

Soldato
OP
Just done my last shift in work WOOOOOT !!! :D

I've pulled the tendon on my leg and was told I could eithet go off sick but would only get SSP or I could go on Garden Leave and be fully paid up until my leaving date of 2nd June ..

So I went for the Garden leave :D

Handed in my headset and my pass and walked out that door :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Result! Apart from your leg of course... I've aggravated an old ankle injury by jumping to tip those damn buckets at Splash Landings :(. Still, enough of my problems, I bet walking out the door for the last time felt great!

Commissario
Are we going to have a welcoming party when you arrive? I'm really not that far away (as an example, the Pizza Hut there is realistically the closest one to me with any kind of parking) and I think we must have a fair few Essex locals on here.

You could at least have pinched your headset as a souvenir though ;)

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom