I hate my Job :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have not read the whole thread, and it now seems that it is too late......but all the ntl customers here could have emailed the company to complain about the rushed calls we get and say it seems like the staff are under pressure to get rid of us after 10 minutes etc etc etc....not good enough etc...going to take business elsewhere etc

Soldato
Piggymon said:
Health & Safety issues apparantly :confused:

Suppose that's incase you 'horse kick' a manager and the heel punctures their leg.

Piggymon said:
I'm going out with a bang ;)

If your anything like me once you hand that notice in you won't give a damn and you will feel like a huge weight is off your shoulders.

Make sure you look really happy when you tell them your leaving :D

Soldato
It's sad when you hear of people in jobs that they don't enjoy because of their managers. The last job I had was working in a pub and we had 3 managers in my time there. The last one was an absolute legend. When it came to me handing my notice in due to university restarting he gave me one last shift and bought me drinks afterwards instead of making me serve the required 2 weeks notice :)

Soldato
Yep best to move with the times/flow... I took a extra day off work (my 1st) since my grandpa passed away and my Manager said next time we will have to go thru disciplinary action due to unauthorised absence.

Thats really the right way to treat staff isnt it, asking for a day off when I heard my Grandpa passed away, my manager made me feel so gutted due to short staffed I still came into work.

These are tell tell signs that you should just leave and go to a company thats still Humane.

Either that or just ignor Retail/Support areas ;) btw I work as a Techy in a Store that likes to stamp down prices...

Soldato
Wow, 13 pages...

Hate said:
Whats the chance if those with NTL here call up and get piggy?

I was just thinking that... actually, I bet quite a few of us have spoken to Piggy without even realising :)

The way NTL have treated you is absolutely ridiculous though. I know what crap advice most of the helpdesk people give, and it's always nice to see someone who put in the extra effort to help.

Associate
w00t stick it to the man, I left my last job after 5 years - it was filled with empty promises about pay and shifts (i was on perm nights) when i found out i got my new job (more money better and les hours) i worked a weeks notice and not the month that they expected me to do (thanks to a contract error - they never changed it when they changed my job description - bless em)

I felt sorry for leaving the dept in a bit of a lurch but i left with a warm glowing feeling when the boss finally came and offered me some better hours and money and i told him to go stick it.

I would be reading the prank thread about now getting some ideas :p

Permabanned
Being serious, you could consider doing something like night work at B&Q or some other similar place. It's not glamourous but apparently the money isn't half bad. Bit of a sod for the old social life though.

I count myself lucky, I've been through some very stressful jobs but now i work from home about 3 days a week for the same money I had in my permanent job. It can get a bit tricky sometimes but at least it stirs the old grey matter.

Good luck, Piggymon :) I take it you've tried jobserve.com as well as the job centre(which probably tends to have posts at the lower end of the wage scale seeing as people in there will be assumed to be craving work)?

Only problem with job sites is agencies.. they are scum.

Man of Honour
I've started to dislike my job this last four weeks. I'm a Quality Audit Technician which means I'm like a policeman patrolling the factory. Its my job to find faults/problems and everybody hates me from the shop floor to the big bosses. I get dirty looks all the time, phones hung up on me or a "What do you want" on the other end. Even my own Quality bosses have a go at me but if I cover a problem up I get told off for that. I'm in a no win situation. Needed to get that off my chest - I've had a bad day today.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I've started to dislike my job this last four weeks. I'm a Quality Audit Technician which means I'm like a policeman patrolling the factory. Its my job to find faults/problems and everybody hates me from the shop floor to the big bosses. I get dirty looks all the time, phones hung up on me or a "What do you want" on the other end. Even my own Quality bosses have a go at me but if I cover a problem up I get told off for that. I'm in a no win situation. Needed to get that off my chest - I've had a bad day today.

I spent 8 years in a job like that. I had a militant workforce below me and a moron directly above me. When your stuck in that 'rut' its hard to realise what you should be doing.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Piggymon said:
stuff this for a laugh .. Notice being handed in tomorrow .. finishing on the 2nd of June ! :D WOOOOOT !!

Was holding off handing it in until the 17th of June :p

lol nice one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom